Broadcast Operations Coordinator
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2023 5:21:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Broadcast Operations Coordinator jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Broadcast Operations Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Tennis Channel's Broadcast Operations Coordinator plays a vital role in the smooth running of our Broadcast Operations Center. They will communicate with all the Broadcast Operations Center, on-site and In-house production, Digital, and all our vendors during live broadcasts to ensure signal continuity. The Broadcast Operations Coordinator works closely with Remote Operations teams for the proper transmission and receipt of feeds for live productions including All French Open matches, Wimbledon, Australian Open, US Open, WTA and ATP Finals, WTA ATP 1000 series, PPA Pickleball and any other TC remote projects. The Broadcast Operations Coordinator is the first point of troubleshooting and escalation if an issue arises and must communicate any issues to Operations and Production management teams in a timely manner. Additional duties will include ingest/segmentation of files for server playback. The Broadcast Operations Coordinator is also responsible for overseeing and monitoring Tennis Channel's on-air signal including closed captioning, liaising with our signal provider to endure confidence return.
Tennis Channel, owned and operated by Sinclair Broadcast Group, offers a one-of-a-kind opportunity in the broadcast industry. With the hands-on experience in the Broadcast Operations Center, you will be introduced to the ever expanding and evolving world of the broadcast industry. We look forward to taking the next step in your career with you!
include but are not limited to:
• Monitor the on-air signal and ensuring quality delivery of our content to the viewers.
• Book and complete goodnight procedures for The Switch, LTN, LiveU, Sinclair Video Network, IP Mux, Level 3 Fiber, and Satellite orders.
• Perform a thorough Sync and Fax check with onsite personnel prior to live shows and events.
• Accurately route and record content to the Avid server for archive and Sinclair Storyline for the Tennis Channel app.
• Use a strong understanding of common broadcast signal problems in order to identify and rectify them (audio level, distortion, format, sync issues, video issues etc.)
• Ingest content for air as needed.
• Troubleshoot technical issues, including escalation to Engineering as needed.
• Help with the training of new hires, in various stages of learning, as instructed by the BOC manager or supervisor.
• Organize 32 inbound and 8 outbound feeds for recording, playout and broadcast live on Tennis Channel Plus app.
• Clip individual matches for Video on demand and managing the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for Tennis Channel app.
• Minimum 3 years Broadcast Operations experience including but not limited to HD/SD, ASI, J2K, Data IP Transmission, Zoom/Skype, IP video workflows, Cellular bonded transmitter / receiver LIVEU, and the ability to troubleshoot such signal paths.
• Must have strong understanding of SDI and digital signal flows.
• Familiarity with the following equipment: Wohler, Imagine Router panels, AVID FastServe, NEXIO, Haivision, Selenio Frame Sync, LiveU, RTS comms, various encoding / decoding.
• Must be comfortable with the pressure associated with performing operations on a live network and be capable of remining focused when working under pressure.
• Knowledge of tennis scoring, and rules is a bonus, but not required.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.