Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tennis Channel is seeking a Broadcast Engineer! Our Broadcast Engineer coordinates and maintains computer-based broadcast equipment. The Broadcast Engineer is an experienced television engineer who supports live studio productions, all postproduction workflows, and infrastructure upgrades. This individual is responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. An important component of the network's programming is the integration of over 2000 hours of live feeds from around the world. A large portion of our live events occur during the early morning or overnight shifts with a heavy concentration of activity Fridays through Sundays.
• Performs preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on a large variety of computer and electronic devices in-house or at remote locations; including but not limited to video equipment and/or audio switching equipment, processing and monitoring equipment, HD cameras, Fiber/ copper encoding, decoding and streaming equipment
• Maintains broadcast computer-based equipment software, hardware, and local area network applications on systems throughout the station
• Trains and mentors Engineering team on Avid, and automation for both Production Control rooms and Master Control
• Responds to trouble calls with broadcast or computer equipment (sometimes after normal business hours)
• Keeps software versions up to date, ensures software license compliance and follows all corporate directives for IT security
• Demonstrates consistently a high standard of Engineering practices including observes OSHA safety rules, installs new equipment using CAD drawings and elevations, intuitive cable management and labeling, submits updates to Engineering documentation, and creates user SOP's
• Assists and advises in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
• Maintains flexible hours during live Tennis tournaments throughout the year
• Travels to different remote locations throughout the year to support our remote productions at Indian Wells, Volvo Car Open, French Open, Wimbledon and US Open
• Minimum 3 years of experience in broadcast television
• Strong leadership and exceptional communication skills
• 21st century skill set, a great team-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality
• Demonstrated knowledge of workflows relating to computer based editing systems, including media archiving and storage relating to AVID, EVS
• Strong technical support with AVID, automation systems experience in Production control rooms and Master Control
• Experience installing and upgrading SMPTE 2110 Broadcast equipment to improve workflows
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.