Tennis ChannelCulver City, CA
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Our Freelance Broadcast Engineer coordinates and maintains computer based and broadcast equipment. This individual supports live studio productions and all post production workflows. This individual is responsible for maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television. This is an operational role in a 24/7 broadcast facility. Most live activity occurs during the early morning or overnight shifts with a heavy concentration of activity Fridays through Sundays. Our Broadcast Engineer works those days/hours as well as frequent holidays.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assists in preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on almost any broadcast device or support electronics whether in-house or at remote locations; including but not limited to: video equipment and/or audio switching equipment, processing and monitoring equipment and streaming equipment
• Maintains computer-based equipment software, hardware, and local area network applications on systems throughout the facility
• Responds to trouble calls with broadcast or computer equipment (sometimes after normal business hours)
• Keeps software versions up to date, insure software license compliance and follow all corporate directives for IT security
• Demonstrates consistently high standard of Engineering practices, assists in install new equipment using CAD drawings and elevations, intuitive cable management and labeling, submits updates to Engineering documentation
• Is available to work flexible hours during live Tennis tournaments throughout the year
• SBE certification, and A certification
• Minimum 3 years of experience in work-related field
• Exceptional communication skills
• 21st century skill set, a great team-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality
• Knowledge of workflows relating to computer based editing systems, including media archiving and storage relating to AVID, EVS, Masstech and iNews
• Possess a strong technical support with Production control rooms and Master Control.
• Experience with installing and upgrading equipment to improve workflows
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!