Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Job
Avid Editor (Part-time)
Do you love sports? Do you have experience editing on AVID software?
If you answer YES to both of those questions, then you might be the perfect candidate to join Tennis Channel's team of creative professionals.
We are looking to expand our roster of freelance editors, and seek applicants interested in part-time work that may develop into a more full-time role.
include but are not limited to:
• Editing cutdowns of complete tennis matches
• Building corresponding timing sheets on Microsoft Excel
• Editing match highlights that are used on our digital platforms, and in our live TV coverage
• All edited content must be delivered ready for air, with acceptable video and audio quality and levels
• Efficient communication with Master Control &/or production supervisors (depending on the assignment)
• A minimum of one year experience as a non-linear editor
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
• Experience working on AVID software, with an understanding of the settings needed for content creation and various exports
• Ability to work with limited or little supervision
• Ability also to collaborate with producers when the assignment demands it!
• Experience with content management systems
• An interest in sports and/or tennis
• Strong consideration given to candidates who are able to work weekends, and a variety of shift times
• A positive attitude and readiness to have fun while you work!
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.