Vice President Of News
This was removed by the employer on 1/13/2022 2:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President Of News jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all Vice President Of News postings
Full Time Job
The Vice President of News is responsible for the overall performance of the news department and any other local news productions across multiple media platforms, including digital and out of home. Candidate must be able create a clear vision and strategy in a competitive market, with the focus on improving our staff, content, presentation, and overall station performance.
• Provides leadership and drives strategy for News staff by driving a culture of creativity, respect for one another and overall excellence in a multi-platform environment.
• Oversees day-to-day coverage, big story, breaking news and sweeps planning with consideration of payroll, staffing, field, and news operations to meet established goals and objectives.
• Oversees and manages the quality of all newsgathering, production, news programming and presentation.
• Works with news management team to ensure local newscasts are well conceived and provide multi-platform, high quality, accurate coverage to improve competitive position in the market.
• Emphasizes and drives the importance of Breaking News, Weather & Digital with a unique differentiator from our competitors.
• Promotes a digital newsroom culture with staff and works with the division's SVP of News Operations to develop a strategy for continued growth and engagement on digital properties.
• Creates the cohesive standards for all aspects of the on-air presentation for all shows.
• Manages and develops news personnel. Makes hiring decisions and negotiates contracts; establishes performance goals and guidelines; oversees the evaluation and performance appraisal process across the news organization; enthusiastically promotes management initiatives.
• Works with local and station group management in the effective use of resources and synergies in managing operations and to develop standards and processes for optimal performance.
• Coordinates with NBC and other Telemundo counterparts in the coverage of day-to-day stories, major breaking news, and other initiatives
• Develops and maintains a working relationship with the research director to analyze performance and identify trends on broadcast and digital platforms.
• Develops and maintains a collaborative working relationship with the Marketing Director, VP of Sales, Traffic Manager, Chief Engineer, & Security Director.
• Develops and creates a journalistic professional connection with community.
• Implements strategic mission and tactical operation of newsroom while ensuring the highest levels of journalistic, ethical, TV production and promotion standards are maintained.
• Reports to the President/General Manager of KTAZ/KHRR & the division's SVP of News Operations.
• Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the following areas: as a News Director, Assistant News Director, or similar leadership role at a broadcast station in a mid to large market
• Must possess exceptional journalistic skills with a proven ethical decision-making process
• Bring integrity, trust, and leadership as values to the role
• Experience preparing departmental budgets, developing strategic plans, and presenting in front of large audiences
• Experience and success in coaching, leading and motivating a team of employees
• Ability to think â€œout of the boxâ€ and outside of traditional journalistic and News norms regarding use of technology
• Be able to work with Nielsen broadcast data and digital metrics to help shape an overall news strategy
• Able to work in a team environment across the news department and station's initiatives
• External applicants are encouraged to submit a resume
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule, Shifts and a fast-paced environment.
• Must be willing to work in Phoenix, AZ
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Fully bilingual: English â€'' Spanish
• Applicants must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal's Dispute resolution
• Excellent driving record and active driver's license.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Multi-platform Experience
• Strong Organizational skills
• Marketing Research skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent people management, leadership, and coaching skills
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, content driven, technology intensive environment
• Energetic and diligent in launching major campaigns