Vice President, Design
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2021 8:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Design jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Vice President, Design postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Design?
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Marketing & Creative, the Vice President of Design be responsible for determining the overall Telemundo brand look and feel across its global footprint and content platforms. They will provide creative and strategic leadership to a team of broadcast, digital and print designers. They will be responsible the development of promotional campaigns, helping to drive the voice, look and attitude of the brand and maintain a consistent brand identity.
The successful candidate will have a strong creative point-of-view, inspiring leadership skills, passion for developing best-in-class work, a collaborative style and the ability to work in a fast- paced, ever-evolving industry. While independent-minded and highly self-motivated, they must play nice with others and foster a "team-first" environment.
We're seeking a leader who can represent the brand and department across the organization, as well as the broader NBCU/Comcast portfolio. We want a brilliant and strategic creative leader, who is not afraid of being a doer, and who has the capacity to take team to the next level.
include, but are not limited to:
Execute high-quality creative work and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, collaboration, excellence, and accountability
• Provide design vision and art direction for projects based on briefs and creative direction
• Oversee development and execution of all television, print, digital and motion design marketing projects, ensuring all goals are met and creative quality meets a high standard.
• Develop and maintain a brand bible that clearly outlines standards and use cases for Telemundo across its portfolio.
• Contribute to the development of brand design elements and enforce brand consistency across all areas of the organization, external partners
• Contribute and actively participate in creative brainstorm sessions, production meetings and strategy discussions
• Develop original designs that meet clients' strategic objectives & brand standards
• Responsible for all phases of creative work from concept through production and delivery
• Identify external partners and agencies based on scope of projects
• Be the primary voice of design inside and outside the company, sharing work, evangelizing success and articulating vision
• Be a proactive member of the creative team on a wide range of projects including and not limited to cross-platform campaigns, redesigns, branding, 3D, motion graphics
• Work with business ops team to establish processes and practices for realizing design vision
• Optimize the design organization's effectiveness
• Assign work to appropriate team members adhering to a defined budget and schedule
• Work with IT and facilities to acquire necessary hardware and software
• Stay current with industry developments and tools
• Key art design and direction, photography direction â€'' wardrobe, looks, etc.
• UX design and more specific on social media, interactive executions
• Show package design - Sports, Daytime, Billboards, LAMAS, etc.
• Design and art direction for series openings
• Upfront design experience â€'' LED screens, projection mapping
• Oversight of art direction at productions and shoots, green screen, special effects experience
Minimum of 10 years of design experience within a design agency or digital content platform, with at least 5 of those years working directly within television/cable network design.
Must be fully fluent in English and have Professional Working Proficiency in Spanish.
Minimum of 7 years of experience successfully leading large creative teams.
Knowledge of all aspects of video, print and digital production and post-production a must.
Strong knowledge of typographical, print, and interactive design while also having a thorough understanding of animation techniques and motion graphics.
Experience successfully directing photographers, illustrators and collaborating with directors, copywriters and other creative partners is essential.
Proven ability to develop and execute strategy-driven design.
Strong leader and persuasive communicator with a vision, proven ability to motivate and inspire a team; excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to establish trust and rapport with internal stakeholders as well as external agencies and partners.
Proven track record of success within a fast-paced, deadline-drive, team-oriented environment where an ability to multi-task and be highly flexible is essential.
Experience managing schedules, timelines, systems and processes to ensure objectives are met.
Proficient in ADOBE CLOUD SUITE, CINEMA 4D, MAYA 3D, AutoCAD, and MS Office, Chyron, live show technology, VR & virtual sets, Adobe suite, Chyron, Cinema 4D, Maya.
Experience in motion design, prototyping, coding, 3D production and production shoots.
Bachelor's degree desired.