TelemundoFort Worth, TX
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Studio Specialist jobs in Fort Worth-TX
Search all Studio Specialist postings
Full Time Job
Studio Specialist, NBC 5
NBC Universal, a Comcast company, is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the world. It has been certified as a â€œGreat Place to Workâ€ by the Great Place to Work Institute, and offer a wide range of excellent benefits such as medical health plans, retirement plans, Comcast courtesy services in existing Xfinity markets, Universal Parks discounts, exclusive perks, and more.
NBC Universal's Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV/KXTX TV has a rare opportunity for a detailed oriented, multi-skilled, full-time Studio Specialist. The Studio Specialist is a role within the KXAS/KXTX Technical Operations department, reporting directly to the Manager of Studio & Special Operations, focused on the day-to-day support of live studio productions and control room operations.
• Assist the Studio Manager in the identification, hiring and on-boarding of YOH personnel
• Assist the Studio Manager in the administration and execution of the site EHS program.
• Assist the Studio Manager in the planning, coordination and execution of special remote productions.
• Periodically perform the primary duties of APC Assist during live productions. Duties include, but are not limited to; operating robotic cameras, monitoring video server and graphics element playback, direction of talent and other production crew members, assisting in quality control of live shots and coding elements as needed in Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control environment.
• Operate as Studio Technician during select shows. Duties include but are not limited to; operation of ETC ION lighting board, running teleprompter, overall studio set-up & strike, and operating as a Floor Manager
• Work with Studio Manager to ensure overall studio upkeep and maintenance
• Additional duties as needed/assigned
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in local news or other studio production operations.
• Familiarity basic studio and remote lighting principles.
• Familiarity and basic proficiency with computerized lighting console operation.
• Familiarity in Avid iNEWS or other NRCS platforms
• Familiarity and operational proficiency with Microsoft Office and other software programs.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, TX, just south of DFW Airport
• Must be able to work any of a 24 x 7 schedule, work overtime and holidays with short notice.
• Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work, which include:
*Lifting and carrying equipment ranging from 15 lbs. To 45 lbs. for limited periods of time.
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Dispute Resolution program
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish oral proficiency is a plus.
• Familiarity with Ross Overdrive or other automated production systems is a plus.
• Must have strong oral /written communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work accurately under pressure and deadlines.
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, highly creative.
• Team player who is flexible and motivated to learn.
• Familiarity with basic studio and remote lighting principles.
• Familiarity with ETC ION lighting board operation is a plus.
• Possess basic administrative and clerical skills.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.nbcunicareers.com.
KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.