Spring Paid Intern - Nbc10 News
Part Time Paid Internship
NBC10|Telemundo62 is currently recruiting students for our college internship program. The internships provide a professional learning experience and an opportunity for students to explore careers in the broadcast industry.
• NBC10|T62 Internships are offered during the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters (maximum of 24 hours during the Spring/Fall and maximum of 40 hours during the Summer).
• All internships are paid.
• Housing and transportation assistance is not provided by the internship program.
• Each student is assigned to a station supervisor for the duration of the internship
• At NBC10|T62, labor contracts prevent interns from performing union duties. These duties include news writing, working with technical equipment and directing. While "hands on" experience is not available in certain roles, you'll be able to observe and get to know a group of very talented broadcast professionals who have many years of experience and a willingness to share their knowledge.
NBC10 is seeking summer news interns. Interns will learn about the day-to-day operations of the news industry and will have the opportunity to accompany reporters and crews on stories and produce team news stories online and for demo reels. This internship is based out of our state of the art facility at the Comcast Technology Center in Philadelphia, PA.
Application Deadline:November 15, 2019 for the Spring 2020 Internship Program
• Make beat checks, data entry of current and future news assignments.
• Assist in phone calls, sorting/distributing newsroom mail.
• Coordinate guests and make tape dubs.
• May shadow news crews in the field.
• Guest coordinating, gathering segment guests
• Log sound bites and data entry for future files
• May shadow news crews in the field and/or field produce on occasion
• Assist with digital archiving project. Interns will turn tapes into digital format
• Experience with non-linear editing helpful
• Perform background research working with consumer and political reporters.
• Talk with contacts and follow up on emails and setting up stories.
• Screen calls and email for good story ideas
• May shadow news crews in the field
• Understand and practice ethical journalism
• Understand and practice safety guidelines in the field
• Learn fundamentals of photojournalism
• Learn fundamentals of video editing
• Display positive work ethic and ability to work under tight deadlines
• To be eligible for an NBC10|T62 Internship, you must be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate degree at an accredited institution.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States.
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA