Full Time Job
The Telemundo Nueva Inglaterra News Producer will be responsible for news of the day, special coverage, in-depth stories, breaking news and other news-related content as needed.
• Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscasts
• Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
• Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
• Contribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideas
• Produce news stories and specials as assigned
• Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
• Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
• Copy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy
• Must work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news
• Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms
• Ensure accuracy of and update information for the on-air news ticker/crawl at the bottom of the screen
BA or BS in Journalism or related field.
Minimum of 3 years of television news line producing experience
• Minimum of 3 years of technical skills in news production including creating show rundowns
• Must be proficient in desktop editing
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English
• Fully bilingual, Spanish/English, with emphasis in Spanish
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends and respond to breaking news events.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Needham, MA and travel as needed.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to develop/produce/write a story in-depth.
• Connect the viewers & newscast with social media, surveys, opinions, calls, etc.
• News judgment with solid ethical news judgement.
• Excellent Spanish, reading, writing and speaking skills.
• Solid English, reading, writing and speaking skills.
• High innovative and creative nature.
• Ability to perform under hard time deadlines.