Full Time Job
KCSO Telemundo in Sacramento seeks a Producer who is responsible for the creation of the newscasts and other news programs as needed.
• Strong management and communication skills.
• Ensure productions run on time
• Responsible for selecting, assigning, writing and organizing news stories
• Responsible for identifying newsworthy stories.
• Works in collaboration with Assignment Editors, Reporters, and production crews.
• Field produce stories and assist with live shots as needed
• Revises scripts for accuracy and grammar.
• Must select stories, understand all the elements and design a news cast that achieves the daily goal.
• Work directly with content producers articulating angle of story, length and video.
• Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
• Participation in station special events is required
• Knowledgeable on daily news events, awareness of past news events and know what news in the market is.
• Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
• Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and take risks for the team and be a team player.
• Understand and follow all Telemundo News standards and ethics
Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working as a producer in TV production.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must
• Lead as control room supervisor
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
• Ability to interact effectively with all news operations personnel and external department personnel who can impact the daily operations.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the Sacramento CA area
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work on emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have a valid driver's license
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Ability to multi-task and follow directions from numerous sources as part of a team.
• Able to work effectively in a high-pressure environment without direct supervision.
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day â€'' come up with story ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer driven content to enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the newscast.
• Highly competitive nature.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately. Follow up problems with those involved and a newsroom manager.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.