Producer / Content Producer
TelemundoSan Jose, CA
Full Time Job
Producer / Content Producer - Ksts -Tlmd
Noticiero Telemundo Área de la Bahía (KSTS) is looking for an experienced and dynamic news producer and content producer to work along an enthusiastic news team and contribute to all news content platforms and projects. The primary responsibilities are to produce, organize and coordinate all elements involved in creating and producing a fast-paced newscast in San Jose, CA during the weekends and will be responsible of writing, editing and in some cases, video recording the material for broadcast and all digital platforms three times a week. Must have the ability to work under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
• Responsible for the overall productionâ€¯and writingâ€¯of the newscasts
• Work directly with VP of News, Executiveâ€¯Producer, Producers, Assignment Editor, Anchors, VJ's and production crews in overall news content production.
• Knowledgeable on daily news events, keep up with current events, be aware of past news events and know what news in the market is.
• Stack the rundown and line produce the on-air broadcast from the control room
• Must be willing to react to breaking news, change your rundown accordingly, contribute story ideas daily, create graphics, assign & edit news-copy, produce other newscasts & specials as needed.
• Strong writing skills are essential including tease writing, have exceptional editorial skills and the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Must ensure accuracy,â€¯integrity,â€¯ethical values and balance of the news content
• Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy and have good time-managementâ€¯skills.
• Work closely withâ€¯fellowâ€¯producers,â€¯executiveâ€¯producer andâ€¯newsâ€¯director on story/sweeps planning and coordination
• Work directly with talent articulating angle of story and length
• Write content for on air and digital as well as copy-edit reporter scripts
• Incorporate digital media strategy into newscasts
• Incorporate digital media strategies in each newscast and contribute to digital platforms strategies
• Contribute story ideas; participate in daily coverage decisions, editorial meetings, special coverage and breaking news/
• Produce news stories and specials as assigned
• Requires a leader with the know-how to determine the best news stories for the newscast and the ability to delegate duties.
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays, nights and long hours.
• B.A. in Journalism or related field
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish
• Solid English speaking and writing skills
• Minimum 3 years of News Producer experience
• Strong line-producing skills is a must
• Video editing skills
• Knowledge in producing content and writing skills for all digital platforms
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must
• Willing to work on weekends, holidays, mornings and/or evenings
• Applicants must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Experience utilizing social media as a news gathering/reporting tool
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program