Photographer / Editor
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal's Owned and Operated Television station in the Houston area, KTMD-TV Telemundo Houston, is looking for a Photographer/Editor. As a Photographer/Editor, you will be responsible for shooting, editing and live shots.
• Will operate camera equipment, occasional live truck operation, and edit on Edius Pro software.
• Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate personnel.
• Knowledge of how to operate news studio and control room switcher, studio lights, audio board, studio cameras and prompter.
• The person hired for this position will split duties between shooting in the field and editing in-house for the newscasts as needed. Some other studio duties may apply as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Minimum 5 years of experience shooting videotape and knowledge of live remote capabilities in a Broadcast station.
• Minimum 5 years of experience editing stories.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must submit a resume tape of your most recent work to be considered.
Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work include:
• Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 15 lbs. to 30 lbs. (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot on remote locations.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must have the ability to work any variety of shifts including weekends.
• Must be 18 years old or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 5 years Photography/editing experience in a medium or major market TV News station.
• Knowledge of P2 cameras and Edius Pro edit systems.
• Knowledge of wireless newsgathering technology.
• Team player who is flexible.
• Bilingual is a plus.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.