MMJ / Weekend Anchor - Telemundo
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2021 7:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for MMJ / Weekend Anchor - Telemundo jobs in Tampa-FL
Search all MMJ / Weekend Anchor - Telemundo postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a MMJ / Weekend Anchor - Telemundo?
Full Time Job
The Multimedia Journalist is responsible for shooting, writing & editing news stories on a daily basis. As Anchor is responsible for anchoring our weekend newscast.
• Contribute story ideas for key series pieces for daily news programs
• Gather news information and facts to write scripts
• A strong writer
• Sharp and the ability to work well with others
• Represent Telemundo in community events
• Prepare and/or assemble, and present story content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner.
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present station during news specials and packages based on either breaking or pre-planned stories
• Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories
• Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads and bridge relevant activities through community relations department
• Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed.
â€¢ Minimum 3 years of experience as anchor
â€¢ Minimum 5 years of experience as television reporter
â€¢ Shooting and Editing Skills with various editing software including Edius
â€¢ BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
â€¢ Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills
â€¢ Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
â€¢ Enterprise reporting skills preferred. Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
â€¢ Must be able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
â€¢ Must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment
â€¢ Ability to work long hours, when necessary
â€¢ Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
â€¢ Must be willing to work in Orlando area
â€¢ Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
â€¢ Must be 18 years or older
â€¢ Must have a valid driver's license
â€¢ Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
â€¢ Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
â€¢ News judgment with solid ethical decision process
â€¢ Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
â€¢ High competitive nature
â€¢ Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
â€¢ Able to respond quickly and accurately to breaking new with Live Cut-ins
â€¢ Able to â€œad-libâ€ effortlessly in various types of situations
â€¢ Creative with unique story ideas for development