Meteorologist - Telemundo
This was removed by the employer on 12/15/2021 10:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Meteorologist - Telemundo jobs in Philadelphia-PA
Search all Meteorologist - Telemundo postings
Full Time Job
As an NBC 10 | Telemundo 62 employee, you will have the opportunity to join a fast-paced production / operation team that delivers news programming. You will be supporting NBCâ€™s 24/7 broadcast news group and our Engineering and Operations department. Assignments will include working from our state-of-the-art facility in Philadelphia, PA.
• Implement Telemundo 62â€™s philosophy of being the most trusted source for disruptive weather on all platforms
• Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story
• Provide high-precision weather forecasts that impact our viewers
• Process weather story quickly to prepare and protect our viewers
• Breaking Weather Cut-ins
• Use social media daily and especially during severe weather
• Upload daily digital weather segments
• Updating weather content on telemundo62.com
• Live weather reporting and storytelling
• Make public appearances on behalf of station as an ambassador for the company
• Drive the weather content with producers and platforms
• Be available at any time dangerous weather conditions occur
• Have urgency and accuracy with breaking news
• Keep producers and managers informed of upcoming weather conditions for coverage plans
• Support other stations when needed
• Work directly with WSI to troubleshoot issues or needs
• Tell the marketâ€™s weather stories in a way that connects with and captivates viewers
• Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
• Produce AR and other graphics to give context to weather stories
• Work with the producers and news team to create complete coverage of weather. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms
• Some live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required
• Have Multimedia Journalist experience and the ability to write, shoot and edit stories as need it.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree
• Minimum 2 years as on-air weathercaster
• Experience with WSI weather system and graphics
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays, varying shifts (including nights, overnights and weekends) and report to work to respond to news emergencies
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia area and travel as needed for special assignments.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Bilingual, proficient in Spanish
• Must be 18 years or older.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA & surrounding areas.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice and must be on-call to resolve issues.
• Must have a valid driverâ€™s license
• Must be â€œon callâ€ 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Bachelor's in Meteorology preferred
• Tell local weather story that connects with viewers
• Work with news team to create complete coverage of weather story
• Ability to anticipate situations, meet deadlines, organize and manage multiple priorities
• High energy and teamwork mentality are a must
• Multimedia Journalist reporter experience.
• Multiplatform approach to content.
• Strong computer skills especially in PowerPoint
• Well organized and a high level of attention to detail
• Basic Knowledge of graphic production software, writing and editing
• Scientist who is also a great storyteller
• Passion to be a part of a major weather event, no matter when it happens
• Experience with severe weather coverage, including but not limited to hurricanes, tornados, severe thunderstorms, flooding and ice events
• Compelling on-air presence â€'' crisp, clear, and confidant delivery in Spanish
• Should thrive working under the intense deadline pressure of television weather
• Technologically savvy with strong computer skills (working knowledge of WSI system preferred.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills in Spanish.
• Strong leadership qualities and self-motivation.
• Understanding of the demands of an on-air HD and digital environment