Fall Paid Intern - Spanish Language Journalism
TelemundoNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
Telemundo Spanish-Language Journalism Fall 2019 Internships – (NY/NJ)
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 28 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Assignment Desk
• Creative Story Telling
• Graphic Design
• Daytime Talk Production
• Sales Marketing
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Research information, assist with investigations and source subjects for possible interviews and story development
• Work closely with our consumer unit, making phone calls, interviewing viewers, alleged scammers and government agencies
• Upload daily stories to our website and listen to consumer tips/complaints
• Produce breaking news under deadline and pitch original enterprise stories
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be fluent in Spanish
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Need to be able to work on-site in New York, NY or Fort Lee, NJ
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28th, 2019
• Fall Program Dates: September 9th – December 13th, 2019
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations/ Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, English, Digital Media, Business, Research
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.