Director, Media Relations
TelemundoNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Corporate Communications team is looking for an experienced media relations professional that will be responsible for building, managing and enhancing a strong corporate media relations strategy for Telemundo and its corporate reputation.
Reporting to the New York based Vice President, the Director will be a key member of the corporate communications team and strategically build and execute a corporate media strategy to generate high-quality earned media for Telemundo's corporate storytelling and company reputation. The candidate must have experience leading corporate media relations campaigns and a portfolio of successful earned media coverage and analysis with a particular focus on the New York and Los Angeles national media markets. Ideal candidates will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach. This position is based in New York, NY.
• Assist in the strategic development and execution of comprehensive communications plans for Telemundo corporate storytelling across a range of genres and formats.
• Demonstrating strong writing skills, generate corporate press materials, including announcement releases, media alerts, bios, captions, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondence with release rollout via Cision, PRNewswire, etc.
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key journalists and media outlets with a focus on top tier business, trade and online outlets relevant to impact the Telemundo corporate narrative, corporate brand positioning, announcements, etc.
• Leverage opportunities to promote Telemundo's corporate narrative, senior executives, network, reputation and innovation efforts with both national business and trade media through press releases, events, pitches and face-to-face interactions with media, i.e., exploring and securing features, long and short lead print, television, podcasts and online.
• Manage incoming media inquiries and requests for interviews, statements, etc.
• Identify and connect with media influencers in the social media space and other non-traditional media outlets.
• Act as network representative at various media industry events.
• Assist with the development of overall PR strategy including defining key media opportunities, creating targeted outreach lists and detailed timelines.
• Collaborate cross functionally to maximize media promotion opportunities
• Prepare business leaders for media interviews, press events and speaking opportunities.
• Coordinate print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and EPK where relevant.
• Actively monitor competitive and media landscapes to identify press and thought leadership opportunities for executives and subject-matter experts, secure stories with media, appearances in key strategic industry events and address any inaccuracies.
• Update and disseminate daily press clips and weekly or project press reports to staff and managers as needed.
• Partner with consumer/publicity PR reps to support, position and convert announcements into a business/trade story in support of the overall Telemundo corporate message.
• Throughout NBCU, form and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
• Manage day-to-day relationship with agencies to drive story creation and favorable coverage.
• Monitor and flag to the internal team competitor coverage, media/social campaigns, partnerships, etc.
• College degree required.
• Demonstrated ability for writing press materials.
• Knowledge of PR industry and specifically media relations. Interest in media and entertainment across business and trades
• Strong media follow-up skills and detail oriented.
• Experience working for or with PR agencies.
Expertise providing public relations counsel and conducting live media interviews.
• Understanding of how to position and control sensitive corporate information when interfacing with the media.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in public relations/marketing preferred or corporate PR agency experience
• Knowledge and hands-on use of Digital and Social Media platforms.
• Fluent in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must have a valid driver's license (if applicable)
• Must be â€œon callâ€ 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
• Bilingual English and Spanish
• Previous journalism background desired but not required
• Experience working with news media
• Experience working in the entertainment industry
• Proven ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Team orientation: consults with team members, as needed, to complete assigned responsibilities
• Energetic, creative driver of new and interesting ideas
• Exhibit strong organizational skills and attention to detail.