Director Entertainment Publicity
Full Time Job
The Entertainment Publicity team is looking for an experienced communications professional that will be responsible for building, managing and implementing strong 360 media relations plans to promote new and existing Telemundo programming across multiple audiences.
Reporting to the Miami-based Vice President, the Director will be a key member of the Entertainment Publicity communications team and strategically build and execute media strategies to generate high-quality earned media for Telemundo's original and acquired content. The candidate must have experience leading media relations campaigns and a portfolio of successful earned media coverage and analysis with a particular focus on top US Hispanic national media markets. Ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach. This position is based in Miami, FL.
• Strategic development and execution of comprehensive plans for external publicity (consumer media and social influencers) generating maximum amount of positive coverage for key programming premieres, priorities and other entertainment-related projects.
• Demonstrate strong writing skills, in English and Spanish, to create all consumer press materials including press releases, media alerts, pitch letters, talent bios, as well as coordinate and manage pr activities such as press junkets, media interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots, EPK's and press kits
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key journalists and media outlets with a focus on top tier consumer outlets to reach core and new Telemundo viewers and other relevant audiences.
• Create targeted strategies for social media influencers to expand promotional campaigns in the social media space and other non-traditional media outlets and identify appropriate influencers per campaign.
• Work closely with network and studios talent and their teams to promote key programming premieres
• Collaborate closely with marketing, digital marketing, cross-promotions and programming teams to create cohesive and consistent promotional plans across functions and platforms.
• Prepare talent and company executives for media interviews, press events and speaking opportunities.
• Partner with corporate and internal comms reps to support, position and convert campaigns into full 360 plans across all communications areas.
• Manage day-to-day relationship with agencies to drive story creation and favorable coverage.
• Brainstorm and Execute strategies that support the network brand, help create awareness and drive traffic to Telemundo on-air and official social media platforms, supporting these efforts through detailed metrics showing effectiveness of the strategy
• Build and maintain solid relationships with influencers/bloggers, reporters, talent managers, talent publicists & show producers
• Service daily media requests and act as network source of information for programming publicity properties
• Monitor competitive environment via daily review of competitive/industry news, and interface with other departments and NBCUniversal TV channels on an as needed basics
• Works under direct supervision of VP, Entertainment Publicity and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• College degree required in Public Relations or related field
• Minimum 8 years of experience in public relations/communications
• Demonstrated ability for writing press materials in both English and Spanish.
• Interest in media and entertainment.
• Deep understanding of U.S. Hispanic market, as well as best practices for Social Media campaigns
• Experience working for or with PR agencies.
• Knowledge and hands-on use of Digital and Social Media platforms.
• Fluent in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to produce thorough reports and executive summaries detailing the results of strategic efforts
• Highly organized and able to manage/prioritize multiple projects
• Must be fully bilingual in Spanish and English
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Miami, FL.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must have a valid driver's license (if applicable)
• Must be â€œon callâ€ 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
• Previous journalism background desired but not required
• Experience working with entertainment/consumer media, with emphasis on US Hispanic media
• Experience working in the entertainment industry
• Energetic, creative driver of new and interesting ideas
• Excellent written, verbal, communications and presentation skills
• Exhibit strong interpersonal, writing, pitching and presentation skills
• Strategic, analytical and creative skill set
• Attention to detail
• Enthusiasm for trends
• Highly organized self-starter able to work both independently and with a team
• Proven ability to multi-task and meet numerous deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Proven skills in launching shows, crisis management and interfacing with all levels of executives, talent and media
• Flexible work schedule with some early mornings, late nights and weekend work required to cover tapings, shoots and events and some travel