Assistant News Director, T44
Full Time Job
WSNS-TV, Telemundo Chicago, is looking for an Assistant News Director to oversee the day-to-day operations of the station's news department. The Assistant News Director, reporting to the Vice President of News, will be responsible for executing the strategic mission for the News organization while ensuring that the highest levels of journalistic, legal, production and promotional standards are maintained.
• Oversee day-to-day coverage, big story, planning, breaking news and special projects.
• Manage station's award-winning investigative and consumer units, including story selection, legal and standards approvals, and script review
• Create expectations for all aspects of the newscasts regarding style, content, graphics and on-air execution.
• Develop a strategy to coordinate and carry out specific digital goals.
• Be present at all editorial meetings and conduct post-mortems for daily newscasts and insure follow through.
• Be responsible for news staff development and training in coordination with other news managers.
• Approve staff schedules as developed by individual managers, including content producers and platform managers.
• Will manage the performance evaluation process and conduct annual performance appraisals for news department direct reports.
• Implement new strategies to ensure journalistic and ethical reporting that is in line with the company's standards and legal guidance.
• Develop and maintain a working relationship with the research director to analyze performance and identify trends on broadcast and digital platforms.
• A Bachelor's degree in journalism or a closely related field is required.
• Minimum 5 years as a television executive producer
• Minimum 5 years' experience line producing live broadcasts and taped productions
• Minimum 3 years in a managerial role in a newsroom setting, overseeing performance of other producers, reporters and other news staff
• Proven ability to lead a team of producers, reporters and newsroom staff to accomplish goals
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
assigned and when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines
• Willingness and ability to work different shifts as needed.
• Work with the duopoly counterpart in daily planning and execution of stories
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• High level of experience in technical expertise across emerging multi-media platforms.
To qualify you must:
• Have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered for this position
• Creative and Innovative individual who can develop high production value
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
• Ability to work well with others
• Solid Teamwork approach