Motion Designer, Warnermedia Studios VFX
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
WE ARE WARNERMEDIA STUDIOS
WarnerMedia Studios is an in-house creative production organization designed to support WarnerMedia's brands from TBS to TNT, Cartoon Network to TCM, Bleacher Report to Turner Sports and everything in between. We work closely with our partners throughout WarnerMedia to make sure we have the resources needed to grow our business, our brands and our capabilities.
For more on who we are and what we do, check out our capabilities reel: vimeo.com/warnermediastudios/capabilities
WarnerMedia Studios Creative Services is the post-production arm of WarnerMedia Studios. We are a collective of industry-defining Graphic Artists, Editors, and Sound Designers, as well as the management team working to support the craftspeople.
We are offering a full-time opportunity to an enthusiastic, motivated and ambitious Motion Designer, to be an integral part of the Design/VFX Team, in support of our network and corporate partners.
Working under the guidance and collaboration of the DVFX creative team, the Motion Designer will creatw motion design and animation for promos, packaging and other on-air/digital assets. (S)He must be able to independently conceive, design and execute within multiple brands as well as work off creative briefs and/or style frames provided by others under tight deadlines. The ability to collaborate with a team of video editors, producers and other designers is essential, as is the ability to work without supervision.
The position requires quick design and execution within professional broadcast standards. Advanced knowledge of After Effects and the Adobe suite is required and experience with Nuke, Cinema 4D, Resolve and other design and compositing tools is a plus.
• Act as a trusted contributor to our network partners throughout the entire project lifecycle – ideation and production through final delivery
• Articulate concepts visually with multiple options and personal perspective
• Take an active role in interpreting the creative brief
• Show originality by providing unique motion solutions to solve problems with stylistic variety
• Demonstrate risk taking, innovation and pushing skills by always looking for creative opportunities
• Work independently to achieve objectives and design components of projects
• Actively participate in brainstorm sessions and support creative teams as needed
• Work effectively with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Producers
• Manage personal and project time frames and complete assigned tasks on schedule
• Demo reel of current work
• Relevant experience in fast-paced environment, television post-production preferred
• Expert Adobe Suite skills, particularly After Effects
• Proficient motion and graphic design skills including logo, typography, and graphic communication
• Ability to develop and articulate a design concept and demonstrate creative thinking with a clear design process
• Understanding of motion vocabulary and motion design from concept development to storyboarding
• Knowledge of motion techniques, animation, and ability to work with a team
• Self-motivated/ Takes initiative / Intuitive
• Time management skills
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.