Manager, Paid Media
TBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/8/2023 3:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Paid Media jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Paid Media postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Manager, Paid Media (US Networks)
The Subscriber Growth & Media (SGM) team acts as an internal media team that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all paid & owned media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of WBD's linear networks (TNT, TBS, Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, etc.) and Discovery's Direct-to-Consumer Streaming Services, including HBO Max and Discovery+.
This role is a critical position within the Subscriber Growth & Media team, specifically within the US Networks, News and Sports pod for the linear networks. S/he will be responsible for developing media plans that are strategic and data-driven, with the goal of efficiently acquiring consumers who will watch the various WBD networks on all devices. Responsibilities will include developing paid media campaigns across digital, social, TV print, radio, and OOH with special emphasis on data driven planning, conversion best practices, digital ad technology and post analyses. The Manager will help support the Director/AMD with all elements related to campaign planning, posts, and execution as well as manage the day-to-day workload of the strategist and/or coordinator.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Work closely with the Media Director and/or AMD to ensure the day-to-day product needs are met and there is timely communication to all partners
• Oversee/assist the strategist with the day-to-day planning needs through the use of the media toolkit to determine budget and media mix, define target audiences, and create plans designed to maximize efficiencies/effectiveness
• Work to implement infrastructure and technology to properly track, measure and learn across platforms to refine linear conversion
• Maintain key planning and benchmark documents, assist with campaign billing, and gather launch confirmation details
• Focus on post reporting that uncovers the ''why'' behind performance in order to garner learnings that are tangible and actionable, with knowledge of tune-in conversion KPIs.
• Work with the Investment part of the acquisition team to ensure all media impressions are optimized and are set to achieve the campaign goal. Partnership will also ensure all media campaigns are executed flawlessly
• Collaborate with internal partners, external vendors and agencies to ensure clear communication of deliverables needed
• Act as advocate for Marketing's needs to ensure campaign goals are met
• Assist with asset delivery to ensure teams (both internally and externally) have all required assets for campaign launch
• Minimum 5-7 years of paid media planning experience
• Demonstrated expertise in media strategy, (particularly digital media) and execution
• Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, and excellent communicator
• Strong time management skills (able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously), and ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the ever changing needs of the TV and digital industry.
• Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Experience with direct client relationship responsibilities includes regular reporting, collaborative strategic planning, and performance management
• Experience with syndicated research tools used for media planning (Nielsen tools, MRI, Clear Decisions, etc.)
• Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting
• Knowledge of acquisition marketing (i.e. conversion), with a basic foundation of digital and social conversion tactics
• Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours
• Understanding of the linear Television ecosystem is a plus
• Willingness and flexibility to ''pitch in'' with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Media Strategy & Analytics team
• Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the ever changing needs of the television industry.
• Proficient in Outlook, Sharepoint and Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• College degree required
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $62,790.00 - $116,610.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.