Simulation Media Designer
Tate, Inc.Spokane, WA
Full Time Job
The main focus of this position is the design, installation, implementation, and maintenance/support of immersive multimedia environmental simulations. In addition, this position also supports the planning, production, and maintenance of highly specialized multimedia, interactive, video, photographic, graphic, audio, and print products utilized to present classified Code of Conduct and other instruction, as well as other DoD media production requirements, under the direction of the Director of Media Production.
Major responsibilities and activities include but are not limited to:
• Design, develop, install, and maintain multimedia environmental simulations.
• Produce audio, lighting, special effects, multimedia, automation, interactive, photographic, and print products.
• Arrange, and set-up logistics support. Coordinate with other work centers.
• Maintain proficiency and currency with media, show control, and automation technology.
• Perform day-to-day administrative functions and practice strict security of classified documents, sensitive data, and government facilities in accordance with security directives.
• Make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments relating to assigned projects. Ability to effectively manage time and schedules is required.
• Records maintenance skills are required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Theme Park Design, Engineering, Theater, Lighting Design, Radio-TV, Film, Video Production, Audio Production desired, or 3 years equivalent experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Knowledge of complex show delivery technologies such as programming, lighting, effects, media production, audio reinforcement, interactive technologies, animated figures, etc.
• Skilled in designing, programming, deploying, and maintaining special effects lighting and environmental effects, such as scent generation, wind, and rain.
• Skilled in:
o DMX programming and control.
o Programming, deploying, and maintaining Alcon McBride show control equipment.
o WinScript programming.
o Logic and automation control.
o Using Avid Pro Tools to create multi-channel immersive audio environments.
o Dante audio routing and implementation.
o Designing, installing, and calibrating multi-channel audio playback systems.
o Ashley Protea DSP software.
o Specifying, installing, pulling, cutting, terminating, and connecting speaker, control, DMX, audio, and video cables.
• Knowledge of immersive video creation, video mapping, and video projection.
• Ability to handle up to 25 pounds unassisted and 100-pound objects with dolly assistance.
• Ability to stand and/or walk up to 8 hours per day.
• Ability to work in environments requiring moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Other Desired Qualifications:
• Skilled in using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to create large-format cityscape, country scenes, and backgrounds.
• Knowledge of Lutron lighting control interfaces and programming.
• Avid ACSR Elite.
• Familiarity with Avid Media Composer, NEXIS, Interplay, Media Central, Telestream Vantage.
• Completion of DoD approved Level-C SERE course and/or knowledge of fundamental training concepts taught in all Services' Level-C Code of Conduct training, High Risk of Capture courses, and SERE/PR courses.
• This is a drug-testing designated position.
• Must complete a Human Factors evaluation.
• Position requires occasional work on a non-standard schedule, to include extended duty days/shift work, including on weekends, and some holidays.
• In accordance with Joint Travel Regulations, Volume 2, will be required to travel by regularly-scheduled passenger military or commercial aircraft in performance of TDY.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
Paid Time Off: 3 weeks per year for full-time employees; 4 weeks after 3 years. Holidays: 10 paid holidays. 401(k): Eligible to participate first day; employee deferrals allowed to the maximum IRS limit; company contribution for eligible employees; accepts qualified rollovers. Healthcare: United Healthcare or Medical Plan Opt-Out; eligible on first day of employment. Dental: Guardian (PPO); eligible first day of the month following hire date. Short-Term Disability: AFLAC partnership. Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment: Company-paid $50,000 benefit. Voluntary Life and AD&D: Additional coverage available to full-time employees, spouse & dependents. Transportation: Company pays up to $120/month to utilize public transportation, qualified car/van pools. Flexible Spending Accounts: AFLAC partnership.
Founded in 1994, TATE, Incorporated is the preeminent firm focusing exclusively on personnel recovery (PR). We provide unparalleled expertise in PR training to the Department of Defense (DoD), other U.S. Government agencies and government contractors.
TATE understands that our nation's soldiers and civil servants may encounter challenging and isolating events in the course of their work abroad. We prepare our students to avoid becoming isolated or detained, and also how to survive hostile and isolating situations should they occur.
Our customized approach to training and education instills confidence - empowering TATE's clients to navigate their way through the maze of environmental, criminal and terrorist threats as they serve the United States overseas.
TATE trains client personnel to face dangerous and isolating situations and to respond with confidence, improving the probability of both avoiding and surviving capture when their duties take them to hostile areas. When appropriate and as necessary, TATE also facilitates the safe return of client personnel who have been isolated or detained.
Our clients are those who serve the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. Government agencies and U.S. contractors.
Our mission is simple:
We not only train America's finest men and women to serve with honor.
We help bring them home.
Job Code: 19-TRA-033