Multimedia Developer And Artist
Tate, Inc.Spokane, WA
Full Time Job
Performs multiple and varying assignments in the areas of media pre-production, media production, and media post-production, under the direction of the Director of Media Production. Supports the planning, production, maintenance, preservation, restoration, and currency of highly specialized multimedia, interactive, video, motion picture, photographic, graphic, show control, audio, and print products utilized to present classified Code of Conduct and other instruction, and other DOD media production requirements. Acts as an individual contributor and/or member of a team and may perform team lead functions.
Major responsibilities and activities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate with media work requesters. Help work requesters define requirements.
• Design, develop, install, and maintain courseware, presentations, and training aids.
• Produce video, audio, multimedia, interactive, photographic, and print products.
• Develop and work with scripts, storyboards, rough drafts, and scripted/unscripted action.
• Direct media productions, to include recommending talent and locations.
• Operate media production equipment, to include (but not limited to): video cameras, still cameras, video editing systems, media creation software, digital asset management systems, large format media printers, show control systems, audio systems, lighting equipment, media transcoders.
• Provide media production and support for exercises and other assigned projects.
• Provide technical/artistic direction.
• Establish, arrange, and set-up logistics support.
• Maintain currency with media technology.
• Proficient in maintaining professional quality standards.
• Perform day-to-day administrative functions and practice strict security of classified documents, sensitive data, and government facilities in accordance with prescribed security directives and guidelines.
• Associate's Degree in Graphic Arts, Photography, Radio-TV, Film, Video Production, Audio Production desired or 2 years equivalent experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments relating to assigned multimedia projects. Ability to effectively manage time and schedules. Records maintenance skills are required.
• Experienced in creating graphic arts and proficient in layout.
• Skilled in the use of photographic materials, techniques, and media. Highly proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Media Encoder.
• Skilled in using large format HP Designjet printers and printing on media such as Tyvek, vinyl, and art papers.
• Ability to direct technical, artistic, and academic projects.
• Familiar with Avid Media Composer, Avid Interplay, Avid Media Central, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Dreamweaver, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Java, Java Script, XML, and HTML 5.
• Knowledge of studio and field video production and cinematography techniques.
• Ability to handle objects up to 25 pounds unassisted and 100 pound objects with dolly assistance. Ability to stand and/or walk up to 8 hours per day.
• Ability to work in environment requiring moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Other Desired Qualifications:
• Avid ACSR Elite
• Avid Certified Professional: Media Composer and Pro Tools
• CompTIA Security+
• Ability to write Win Script and program Alcorn McBride show controllers.
• Ability to program DMX lighting.
• Familiar with Dante AV networking
• Completion of DoD approved level C SERE course and/or Knowledge of fundamental training concepts taught in all services level-C Code of Conduct training, High Risk of Capture courses, and SERE/PR courses.
• Familiar with Windows operating systems, mass storage devices, and computer hardware configurations, installations, and troubleshooting, as well as media codecs and media delivery over computer networks.
• This is a drug-testing designated position.
• Required to complete a Human Factors evaluation.
• Position requires occasional work on a non-standard schedule, to include extended duty days/shift work, including on weekends, and some holidays.
• In accordance with Joint Travel Regulations, Volume 2, will be required to travel by regularly-scheduled passenger military or commercial aircraft in performance of TDY.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
For benefit information, please see https://www.tate-inc.com/working-with-us/careers-at-tate-inc/
Our Hiring Philosophy
At TATE, Incorporated, we understand that good hiring decisions are critical to our success. We take the recruiting process seriously and select only those individuals who are motivated to learn and grow, and who take pride in a job well done. TATE, Incorporated also recognizes that happy employees are productive employees. Treating our team well is one of our firm's top priorities. It's the right thing to do, and it makes good business sense! Accordingly, we strive to create a working environment that is both intellectually stimulating and personally satisfying!
Job Code: 19-TRA-007