Social Media Manager
TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Social Media Manager (Instagram)
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Tastemade is looking for a Content Lead to support our mission and move people to create great experiences for themselves and their communities. The ideal candidate will have a background in social media, a deep understanding of analytics and content creation, and proven ability to amplify millennial entertainment and lifestyle brands.
Who You Are:
• A creative storyteller who understands how to connect with social audiences on all social channels using great copy, video and interactions.
• An intuitive leader who has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to lead projects across multiple departments with ease.
• An investigator who uses data and analysis to determine what tactics are inspiring members.
• An experimenter who is constantly looking for new ways to surprise, delight and inspire viewers.
What You'll Do:
• Manage all aspects of Tastemade's Instagram presence as it relates to the Food vertical
• Develop and execute our platform strategy on Instagram, regularly making adjustments based on insights, trends and KPIs
• Develop and maintain a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly Programming calendar that includes both branded and editorial content
• Write engaging social copy, schedule and post content across IGTV, in feed and Stories
• Work closely with the rest of the Content team to ideate and execute original video content, ensuring all episodes follow platform best practices and will resonate with our highly engaged audience
• Produce Instagram-first content, especially for Stories, by storyboarding, shooting content via iPhone and designing using native Instagram tools
• Manage a network of freelance contributors and talent who will pitch and execute Instagram Stories
• Pull, analyze and report KPIs on a regular basis while thinking critically about future strategies and tests
• Work with Production, Development, Brand Strategy, Content Partnerships and Sales and Post Production teams to see sponsored content through execution while educating the broader team on the latest best practices
• Actively engage the audience on Instagram though community management
• Help develop marketing campaigns for a variety of efforts ranging from e-commerce, shows and events
• Be an active participant in creative brainstorms for content across all social media platforms
• Occasionally attend shoots and events for social coverage
• Stay up to date on social media trends across all platforms
What You'll Bring:
• 5 years experience managing multiple social media channels with expert-level skills on Instagram, preferably for a millennial audience of an entertainment or lifestyle brand with 5M followers
• Experience with CMS tools such as Later
• Experience within Instagram's native analytics tools as well as third-party tools such as Tubular
• Basic knowledge of the Adobe suite (especially Photoshop and Premiere) a plus
• Proven ability to engage, connect and build an audience across multiple channels
• Ability to interpret analytics, communicate results and formulate strategy
• A passion for Tastemade and a positive, get-it-done attitude!
Perks of the job:
• Competitive salary
• Catered lunches, unlimited snacks, and drinks
• Colleagues that are fellow food, travel and design lovers!
Who Are We?
Would you consider yourself a food, travel and design lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers, travelers and design enthusiasts on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 250 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.