Programming / Social Media Intern
Part Time Paid Internship
What you'll be doing:
• We are looking for a cohort of interns to support our team across 2 separate Tastemade verticals including: Food, Travel, and Home Design. Please specify in your application which vertical you feel most aligned with.
• Meet weekly with a cohort of interns who are passionate about making waves in the art of storytelling via social media.
• Meet with the content programming team to learn the ins and outs of the Tastemade business.
• Support with community management and creator relationships on all social platforms including; Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest, and Twitter
• Program and write copy specific to various social platforms including TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Assist in research and ideation of new content for our social media channels
• Assist in creating and designing Instagram story formats for our specific Instagram pages.
• Outreach to relevant social media influencers and/or content creators to leverage content for reposting and sharing across Tastemade social channels.
• Participate in creative brainstorms
• Learn about social media data analysis and help pull metrics weekly
• Making meaningful relationships with the Tastemade team and otherwise.
• Obtaining experiential knowledge, practice time, and shadowing opportunities from the Content Programming team
• Presenting a culminating project presented to the Tastemade team regarding competitors' social media presence in the food, travel, or home design space.
What You'll Bring:
• Passion for food, travel, and home design
• 0-3 years experience in social media copywriting, preferably for a Gen-Z audience
• Experience using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and TikTok and be up to date on the latest platform features (Reels, IG Stories Updates, TikTok Lives, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of graphic design or of Canva use for Instagram Stories and Reels
• Knowledge of social-specific video editing using smartphone editing applications is a plus
• A passion for staying on top of viral trends that resonate with a US-based Gen Z and Millennial audience
• Strong sense of ownership in idea generation and content creation
• An appetite for learning about analytics driven social content
• This opportunity will be a paid internship at $15.00 an hour OR interns can use this opportunity for school credit through student's chosen school/university (this will be subject to your school's approval)
• This opportunity will start June 6th and end the week of August 26th.
• To participate, you must be available for 2 hours on Monday from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific, as well as a total of 8 hours between two of the following days; Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Total hours will be 10 per week.
• Student must be Junior or Seniors in College
• This opportunity will be hybrid, working both virtually and at our Tastemade HQ in Santa Monica. Interns must be located in the Los Angeles area.
For any questions, comments, concerns, or trouble submitting your application; please email Destini Hall at email@example.com
We're an equal opportunity employer. We most decidedly are an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.