Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
We're looking for an experienced Backend Developer with a love of building maintainable and scalable backend services. You'll be working on Kitchen, our proprietary content and data platform and the core of Tastemade's technology stack. You'll work on features across multiple departments, building the tools and infrastructure that power Tastemade's content creation and distribution on all of our digital platforms. You'll build meaningful workflows, automation and content delivery features that drive our bottom line.
What you'll do:
• Work with a small, tight-knit, multidisciplinary technology team to build the backend services that power the technology at Tastemade
• Build, manage, and own new backend systems as well as iterate on the existing technology stack (Node.js, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL)
• Work with 3rd parties and the Business Development team to integrate technology partners
• Have the opportunity to be exposed to and learn with a wide, unique range of technologies and disciplines including: high capacity APIs, large scale multimedia distribution platforms, CDNs, RESTful, GraphQL, and other API design models, live streaming video (HLS), video encoding pipelines, data science, internationalization, AWS and other cloud compute technologies, etc.
What you'll bring:
• Most importantly: Smart, hardworking, and self-sufficient
• Experience with Node.js
• Experience with SQL
• 4 years experience with backend development
• The skills to architect and manage projects without much hand-holding (but plenty of mentorship available)
• Competitive salary
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast-paced
• Flexible vacation days
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
Who are we?
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.