Legal Operations and Contracts Manager
TastemadeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
We are looking for a hard-working and driven legal operations and contracts professional to support Tastemade's growing and dynamic business. This role, which will initially be remote, will work closely with Tastemade's General Counsel as well as support Tastemade's teams based in Europe, Latin America, and on the East Coast of the United States. There will be broad exposure to all types of matters within the digital media and entertainment industry, which will provide opportunities both to leverage existing skills and subject matter expertise as well as develop and expand new areas of learning and development.
What you'll do:
• Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of contracts including sales, production, talent, licensing and other content- and entertainment- related agreements.
• Design, build, and implement efficient processes for contracts, from start to finish.
• Execute and manage our contracts database as well as our content rights management system.
• Work closely with members of the legal team to develop and improve applicable standardized forms, processes, and procedures.
• Understand Tastemade's business in order to identify risks, develop solutions, mitigation, and negotiation strategies.
• Analyze and improve overall operations of our legal team to maximize efficiency, output, and fun!
What to bring:
• Minimum of 8 years of contracts management experience (drafting, reviewing, negotiation, processing, and organization). Meaningful experience in the media and entertainment space preferred.
• BA/BS required. JD, paralegal certificate, or equivalent work experience a plus.
• Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial, licensing and other IP- and content production- related agreements.
• Previous project management experience creating and implementing business processes to make the legal operations more efficient.
• Experience creating contract negotiation playbooks and other tools to standardize contract negotiations for lawyers and non-lawyers.
• Experience with contract management databases/software.
• Proactive, dynamic, and result driven individual with strong attention to detail.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions and a variety of client styles throughout the organization.
• Enthusiasm and ''self-starter'' qualities; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
• Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs with white-glove service.
• Startup mentality when it comes to eagerness to tackle all tasks, big or small, for the good of the team.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside your area of expertise.
• Ability and willingness to work EST and partial-GMT time zones.
• Successful completion of a background check.
Perks of the job:
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and paid holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook Pro, or equivalent hardware
• Catered lunches, unlimited snacks and drinks
• Cell phone allowances
• Colleagues that are fellow foodies!
Who are we?
Tastemade is a modern media brand inspiring the taste of a generation through entertainment, commerce and experiences. The company creates award-winning video programming in Food,Home and Travel, which appears on all major digital, mobile, streaming OTT and linear TV platforms. The company reaches a global audience of over 250 million monthly viewers, streaming 2.5 billion views, and has built an engaged, passionate, global community.