Head Of Streaming TV Production
Full Time Job
What you'll do:
TV Series Production Oversight
• Collaborate with Tastemade Streaming Network Executives, Production Leads, 3rd party crews and Tastemade's brand and sales teams to create original, high-quality TV content based on programming needs.
• Work with TMSN Development Director and the Head of Development on new series ideas and how to best execute production with internal and external production teams.
• Manage multiple teams during all stages of production. From hand off series ideas from Tastemade's Development Team to greenlight and on through pre and post-production.
• With Head of Production, assign projects to EPs and SPs based on workload and creative fit.
• With Head of Production and Line Producer(s), create, manage and track show budgets.
• Lead cost report meetings with Tastemade Streaming Network Executives and Finance department.
• Manage and mentor a team of EPs, SPs and other department members on their career growth at Tastemade.
• With Head of Production, lead Tastemade's efforts in bringing in diversity in both Above the Line and Below the Line talent.
• When required, run the end to end production on top level long form shows. From ideation through post and final delivery to network.
• Oversee the writing of shooting scripts, treatments, and story outlines.
• In concert with our Production Management team, develop budgets and production plans for long form shows.
• Run all cost report meetings and speak to potential budget overages and provide production solutions, when necessary.
• Stepping in to produce projects in pre-production or post if no producer is available.
• Can work both in the office during prep and in the field while on location.
Internal Process Development
• Be on the forefront of innovative production practices (methodology, gear and tech) and fold them into everyday use in the department.
• With Head of Production and Global Content Production team, evolve and redefine production workflow among Producing staff and Post Production. This includes finding the most cost effective ways in producing content utilizing Tastemade's international production teams and implementing new production methods.
• With Head of Production and Production Management team, create and develop production bible for our US and global production units in addition to 3rd party production companies that are engaged in services with Tastemade.
Meetings and Communication
• Running internal production meetings.
• Internal meetings with TSMN execs, sales and brand strategy.
• Talent meetings.
• 1-2-1 internal meetings.
What you'll bring:
• 10 years experience in linear or streaming video production.
• Expert in budgeting (Movie Magic) for pilots and series.
• Proven success in creative oversight and execution of productions with multi-million budgets.
• Ability to lead production remotely but also able, on a moment's notice, come to our Tastemade Studios in Santa Monica or on location in Los Angeles.
• Experience working with brands/sponsorship content a must.
• Experience working with trade out producers/3 rd party companies a plus.
• Experience in the food, travel and design production world a plus.
• Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment