Head Of Social Production
TastemadeLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What you'll do:
• Lead our collaborative efforts with our Social Platform Executives, Production Leads, 3rd party crews, on-camera talent and Tastemade's brand and sales teams to create original, high-quality content based on programming needs.
• Lead creative team in ideation across branded/original/internal projects.
• Manage and mentor a team of SPs, Production Management and creative team members on their career growth at Tastemade.
• With Head of Production, lead Tastemade's efforts in bringing in diversity in both Above the Line and Below the Line talent.
Internal Process Development
• Be on the forefront of innovative production practices (methodology, gear and tech) and fold them into everyday use in the department.
• With the Head of Production and Global Content Production team, develop and adapt onboarding and workflow documentation for freelance producers.
• With Head of Production and Global Content Production team, evolve and redefine production workflow among Producing staff, Content Partnership and Post Production. This includes finding the most cost effective ways in producing content utilizing Tastemade's international production teams and implementing new production methods.
• When new social content platforms arise to prominence, create and define best practices in productions for these platforms.
• Along with the Head of Production and our LP/PM team, develop budgets and track costs across multiple assigned productions, to ensure all projects stay on time and on budget.
• Attend all cost report meetings and speak to potential budget overages.
Meetings and Communication
• Internal and external kick off calls (5-10 per week on average).
• Internal production meetings.
• Internal meetings with sales and brand strategy.
• Running internal creative meetings.
• Talent meetings.
• Content Partnership meetings.
• Group and 1-2-1 meetings with freelance producers weekly.
• 1-2-1 internal meetings.
What you'll bring:
• 10 years experience in digital video production.
• Expert in (Movie Magic) budgeting and can adeptly budget for both cost efficient and high end productions.
• Ability to lead production remotely but also able, on a moment's notice, come to our Tastemade Studios in Santa Monica or on location in Los Angeles.
• Proven success in creative oversight and execution of productions.
• Experience working with brands/sponsorship content a must.
• Experience in the food, travel and design production world a plus.
• Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment