Head Of Research and Insights
TastemadeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
Tastemade is looking for a Head of Research and Insights to help shape Tastemade's market position globally, drive innovative partnerships, and be a key source of expertise for Tastemade leadership and our Sales and Brand Partnerships team. This position will develop and leverage different sets of data, analytics tools, and research methodologies in order to derive insights that will help drive the Tastemade business. The Head of Research and Insights will have strong media research experience with a deep understanding of video, content, and social, and be able to utilize this experience in new and strategic ways. This person must be an engaging and creative thinker who is passionate and thrives in a fast-moving, collaborative environment.
What you'll do:
• Lead team members focused on insights, analytics, measurement and effectiveness
• Develop a deep understanding of the Tastemade audience and their behaviors within our verticals: food, travel, and home & design
• Guide research initiatives that answer our advertising partner's business challenges, and be able to present and communicate results to internal stakeholders, clients, and industry members effectively and engagingly
• Be the expert on content's role within the media landscape and be able to effectively communicate its value to advertising partners
• Lead operational performance of the Research and Insights team, as well as own the Research budget for the team
• Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, and guide the narrative on how Tastemade differentiates itself
• Lead measurement of new platforms that Tastemade is distributed on, with the ability to jump in and learn quickly
• Lead any brand tracking and thought leadership research initiatives for the company
• Provide critical industry expertise – staying ahead of industry trends, methodologies, and 3rd party partnerships, adjusting Tastemade's research and insights roadmap accordingly
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7 - 10 years in research, data & analytics, insights & strategy work, with part of that time leading & managing a team, and a research vendor, media publisher, client or agency partner
• Deep understanding of the digital media ecosystem, particularly with research expertise in digital content consumption, video, OTT, and social environments
• Proven ability to drive research projects from start to finish
• Expertise in qualitative & quantitative research methodologies, syndicated research, experience developing audience-based research, and experience with 3rd party data sources
• Communicative personality who is capable of building strong relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders, and can explain complex topics in simple terms
• Inherently curious and strategic thinker that can connect the dots
• Previous management experience
• A positive and collaborative team player who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
• Experience and comfort with a fast-moving and dynamic environment
• A compelling presenter to internal and external stakeholders
• Global research experience is a plus
• OTT experience is a plus
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and paid holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast-paced
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!