Financial Analyst, FP&A
TastemadeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
Tastemade is seeking a Financial Analyst, FP&A to support our Head of Financial Planning and Analysis. This individual will be responsible for performing review and analysis of operating unit results. In addition, the Financial Analyst will work on preparation of the annual plan, monthly forecast updates, and some month-end close activities for Tastemade.
Who you are:
• Unflappable & Super Organized. You keep your cool while managing multiple priorities simultaneously and are the master of a tried-and-true system for keeping on top of your to-do list.
• Accurate & Detail Oriented. You're able to quickly spot errors and discrepancies, in the fine details and big picture.
• Curious. You are naturally inquisitive and enjoy diving deep into the numbers.
• Analytical. You have a knack for using analysis or logical reasoning to draw conclusions.
• Dynamic. You flourish in fast-paced and dynamic environments.
What you'll do:
• Assist in preparing the annual operating budget, quarterly forecasts, and work with department heads to determine necessary forecast adjustments and budget needs
• Analyze P&L to explain variances to budget, latest forecast and prior year
• Identifying, investigating, analyzing and communicating the risks and opportunities impacting the business.
• Meet with members of the Publishing and Edit teams at the brand level to review year-to-date spend and tracking vs budget.
• Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
• Meeting, presenting and collaborating with Management.
• Handle financial planning & analysis (FP&A) for PM Precision, driving monthly gross billings and net revenue reporting for the global team
• Analyze real-time business opportunities and issues through dynamic modeling
• Support overall new business strategy, pricing, yield management, and client profitability management
• Liaise and navigate across various divisions within the company (Finance, Sales, Operations, Engineering, etc.)
• Participate in annual business planning modeling and financial strategy
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's degree required; finance/accounting background preferred.
• 2 years of quantitative and/or financial analysis experience. Experience in media and entertainment a plus.
• Prior experience with P&L's and financial modeling is strongly preferred.
• Proven creative problem-solving and quantitative skills. A strategic thinker who is also proficient in modeling in-depth analyses from the ground up using Excel.
• Strong oral/written communication skills, solid presentation skills, and excellent analytical skills are essential.
• Quick learner and problem solver.
• Self-driven with ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Robust analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with the ability to interpret and synthesize financial data and present in an accurate, concise, digestible and actionable manner.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 1-3 years of relevant experience including FP&A, financial modeling, pricing, client profitability analysis, etc.
• Strong Excel skills (above average/expert level), including v-lookups, sorting, and pivot tables
• Prior experience in investment banking or private equity is a plus
• Media/advertising industry experience is a plus
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and paid holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast-paced
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!