Director / Producer
TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
We are looking for someone with a strong culinary background that can both direct and produce live to tape cooking shows. We want someone who has a clear creative vision, can work easily with chefs & culinary producers and someone who can innovate on the classic recipe cooking format.
What You'll do:
• Direct and produce a live to tape cooking show that features a rotating cast of talent.
• Management and leadership of the creative team and production crew.
• Develop different food and recipe themes that tap into current trends.
• Produce and program the season to ensure fresh ideas and a healthy mix of topics.
• Use your rolodex to help book and bring in guest chefs and culinary talent.
• Work alongside culinary producers to create show breakdowns and write shooting scripts.
• Understand culinary production, be able to work with culinary producers and be able to break down recipes into shooting scripts when needed.
• Provide direction and evolve project solutions as necessary. Attend shoots and post sessions as needed to supervise, approve, or guide creative solutions. Lead or participate in any relevant internal and external discussions.
• Organize and develop a team for production and oversee all crew members for creative.
• Work directly with production and producers to ensure creative aligns with the budget of a production.
What you'll bring:
• At least 3 - 5 years experience directing and producing cooking shows.
• A strong culinary understanding and working rolodex of culinary talent.
• Experience managing and directing production teams.
• Be a natural motivator and leader that inspires the team and people around you.
• Excellent writing, visual storytelling, and art direction skills are required.
• Must be highly collaborative and able to motivate individuals and teams.
• Must have an understanding of current and emerging social and non-linear platforms and trends.
• Must possess strong budgeting, time management, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent team management, organization, prioritization, and multitasking skills needed.
• Must have excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
• Must be proficient in industry standard creative and production applications/software.
Perks of the job:
• Competitive compensation
• Catered lunches, unlimited snacks, and drinks
• Colleagues that are fellow food & travel lovers!