Director Of Financial Planning & Analysis
TastemadeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Tastemade is seeking a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to support our CFO. This role is that of a player coach, spending half of their time managing the 2-3 person FP&A team and the other half being an individual contributor.
Who you are:
• Own the Outcome. You think and act like an owner. You can be entrusted to do what is best for Tastemade and our community
• Constantly Curious. You are naturally inquisitive and enjoy finding answers that might be frustratingly elusive. You always look for opportunities to learn and experience something new
• Business Intuition. You sense industry trends before they are written about in the blogosphere and see solution paths to problems that others have long given up on
• Accurate & Detail Oriented. You're able to quickly spot errors and discrepancies, in the fine details and big picture
• Unflappable & Super Organized. You keep your cool while managing multiple priorities simultaneously and are the master of a tried-and-true system for keeping on top of your to-do list
• Data Driven. You love diving deep into the numbers and have a knack for using quantitative analysis to draw conclusions. When the numbers are fleeting, you rely on logical reasoning to come up with a best guess
• Comfortable in Ambiguity. You can take a rough sketch and turn it into a finished masterpiece
• Manage the FP&A team: allocate work streams across resources, prioritize deliverables based on changing needs, QA the team's output, and professionally develop the team
• Create and maintain the annual operating budget & management plan, monthly forecasts, and work with department heads to determine necessary forecast adjustments and budget needs
• Prepare standard reporting materials for board meetings and other external stakeholders
• Identify, investigate, analyze and communicate the risks and opportunities impacting the business
• Be an analytical and quantitative resource to other departments that intrinsically do not have one
• Meet, present and collaborate with senior executives and investors
• Perform ad hoc analysis as requires (typically ~25-35% of your time)
• Work hand-in-hand with the accounting team to audit and close Tastemade's month-end financial cycle by the end of the following calendar month
• Maintain and improve an ecosystem of mini-models and worksheets that represent the full scope of Tastemade's business
• Maintain and improve the main Tastemade operating model including updating data with the most current month actuals and adjust near, medium, and & long term forecasting in line with new trends
• Generate a number of corollary reports for distribution to various executives and business leads
• Meet regularly with business leads to review the performance of their mandates
• Prepare variance analyses to budget, latest forecast and prior year and dig in with business leads to explain the operating drivers behind financial variances
• Perform ad hoc analyses as required (typically ~10-20% of the team's time)
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's degree required in an analytical or quantitative discipline; Master's degree is a plus but not required
• 6 years of quantitative and/or financial analysis experience with at least 2 years in finance or consulting preferred; Experience in media and entertainment is a plus but not required
• Prior experience with financial statements and modeling is strongly preferred
• Proficient in building complex, in-depth analyses from the ground up using Excel
• Strong oral/written communication skills, solid presentation skills, and excellent analytical skills are essential
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and paid holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast-paced
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.