Director Of Broadcast and VOD Operations
TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tastemade is seeking to hire a Director of Broadcast and VOD Operations. This person will work across the Tastemade Streaming Network team to drive the launch of new services and channels/offerings and to ensure that the business operates at the utmost efficiency and effectiveness across the entire Tastemade and Streaming Network footprint.
A successful candidate will have a blend of a strong understanding of the technical components of linear channel operations and VOD delivery (especially CTV) with strong project management experience. They'll be able to not only run the launch of new services but also work with our technology vendors in the ongoing operations of the channel.
What you'll do:
• Manage the rollout of new channels and/or product offerings across our distributor and vendor footprint.
• Oversee the ongoing distribution operations of our channel and SVOD footprint. Ensure that channel operates at optimal levels operationally and VOD assets are delivered to the right partners and on-time.
• Vet and onboard new partners as part of the business development process.
• Manage our technical vendor relationships which include:
• Setting priorities for vendors and managing them as they help us launch new partners.
• Managing the ongoing relationship to ensure that the business operates at top effectiveness.
• Exploring process and service improvements as well as new vendors that can provide better services.
• Managing the operational budget and driving cost savings.
• Vetting new vendors and recommend adjusting services accordingly when shortcomings or problem areas need to be addressed.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders (e.g. programming, ad operations, engineering, and post-production) to ensure vendors provide the necessary product features and we get the most operationally from our current distribution partners.
What you'll bring:
• Deep technical proficiency in linear channel creation and delivery. Understand the various channel types, the ensuing features supported, and how channels can be delivered. Particular familiarity with CTV channel types vs. traditional broadcast is quite important.
• Strong project management experience. Ability to autonomously manage multiple projects at once, launch services around the globe, and manage various internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience in managing technical vendors. Success in applying pressure to ensure vendor(s) meet deliverables and adhere to timelines and yet stay motivated. Managing project budgets to ensure maximum efficiency.
• 5-8 years of relevant experience at either a channel business or a platform that features linear channels.
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and paid holiays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast-paced
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!