Development Director, Tmsn
TastemadeSanta Monica, US
Full Time Job
What you'll be doing:
• Exceptional research and writing skills for non-fiction series and pitch materials.
• Ability to create high quality pitch presentations, initiate new ideas, leverage successful IP, talent, and formats for new series.
• Must have experience as a producer and the ability to oversee and lead the production team during filming and throughout post production of the projects you develop.
• Working closely with the Line Producer, you will create budgets, schedules and assumptions for all greenlit series. (experience reading and understanding Movie Magic Budgets a plus)
• A keen ability to generate original show formats with Tastemade's demo, and aesthetic in mind in the competition, cooking, home reno, and talent-lead genres.
• Coordinate and lead TMSN pitch meetings.
• Proactively undertake research to identify and develop new ideas/materials and talent.
• Organize materials and ideas for development initiatives - brainstorms, workshops etc.
• Identify, track, and build relationships with new and established on-screen and off-screen talent.
• Engage with external clients or 3rd party production companies to ensure green-lit productions continue to move forward on time and on budget.
• Daily engagement with internal departments to ensure all elements of a project from pre-pro through post-production are on track for successful delivery.
What you'll bring:
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in a high volume media company or production company.
• A track record in production both as a creative development producer, and a supervising or field producer.
• A demonstrable interest in new media, and television, and a solid understanding of the television development process.
• An awareness of material currently in development, and potential gaps, and opportunities in the marketplace.
• Foundational knowledge, and confidence with the creative development process, contracts, accounting, production, and business strategy.
• Ability to assess needs, and spot opportunities.
• Superior attention to detail, and the ability to maintain accurate administration systems.
• Ability to work unsupervised, exercising initiative, and assessing priorities, but referring issues upwards where appropriate.
• Knowledge of key agents, and new talent within the industry, with ability to develop strong working relationships for talent in front of and behind the camera.
• An enthusiasm for, and interest in lifestyle entertainment.
• Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills, both written, and verbal.
• Exceptional attention to detail, the ability to think critically, and a drive to find solutions to any problem.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with various departments and executives both internally, and externally.