TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
We are looking for a smart, motivated attorney to support Tastemade's growing and dynamic business. This role, which is based in our Santa Monica office, will work closely with Tastemade's General Counsel. There will be broad exposure to all types of matters within the digital media and entertainment industry, which will provide opportunities both to leverage existing skills and subject matter expertise as well as develop and expand new areas of learning and development.
What you'll do:
• Advise, support and negotiate transactions for sales, production, programming and talent teams
• Sales: sponsored content agreements; media IOs; digital and traditional ad sales
• Production: production agreements; intellectual property clearances and review; music licensing
• Programming: distribution and licensing agreements; oversee content rights system
• Talent: talent agreements; manager and agent negotiations; influencer monitoring program
• Support the operations of the legal team, including optimizing and maintaining legal operations process and workflow and document management
• Have an opportunity to support the general counsel in other areas, including human resources, international operations, intellectual property, product & platform, governance, data & privacy and dispute resolution
What you'll bring:
• Juris Doctorate degree and California bar admissions in good standing
• At least 3 years of experience within a law firm and 1 year of experience in-house
• Meaningful experience in the digital media and entertainment space
• Strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside your area of expertise
• Stellar organizational and communication skills, analytical and risk-assessment capabilities and acute judgment (business and legal)
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across teams, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Startup mentality when it comes to eagerness to tackle all tasks, big or small, for the good of the team
• Common sense and good humor!
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and paid holiays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast-paced
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!
Who are we?
Tastemade is a modern media brand inspiring the taste of a generation through entertainment, commerce and experiences. The company creates award-winning video programming in Food, Home and Travel, which appears on all major digital, mobile, streaming OTT and linear TV platforms. The company reaches a global audience of over 250 million monthly viewers, streaming 2.5 billion views, and has built an engaged, passionate, global community.