Casting Producer / Director
TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
We're Tastemade, a global community of creators, dreamers, and explorers, actively disrupting the status quo to drive conversation and connection around the world through video. We are constantly on the lookout for inspiring voices and strive to share authentic stories and meaningful experiences.
We are seeking the passionately curious and creatively-driven; people just like us who wish to unite communities through shared moments. Our goal is company-wide: we want to inspire the taste of a new generation. Ready to learn more?
We're currently seeking a Casting Producer who is experienced in casting & acquisition, talent development, and research & development.
Who you are:
• Communicator. You follow up and follow through.
• Self Driven. You're proactive, energetic and have excellent communication skills.
• Detail Oriented. You're obsessed with details and have an organized inbox and checklist.
• A Utility Player. You're ready to jump in and help out where needed.
What you'll do:
Casting & Acquisition
• Act as a brand guardian for Tastemade's voice and public image when identifying and recruiting talent
• Identify and cast undiscovered personalities across the globe who share Tastemade's voice to feature as hosts in branded and original programming for both short form and long form content series across all of Tastemade's distribution channels
• Lead casting research to identify individuals with unique stories to feature in profile pieces for branded and original programming, long form, and short-form content
• Go on the road for casting calls and research with Head of Development and relevant programming leads
• Prepare engaging and effective casting materials, including decks, reels, and video samples, that convey talent personalities to the wider creative teams
• Actively engage with the food, travel, home & design and lifestyle communities in Los Angeles and across the globe, both online and offline. Attend industry networking events as a Tastemade representative
• Actively pitch new undiscovered talent to Development & Programming Teams
• Partner with Global Talent Director to develop key emerging Tastemakers into staple personalities for the Tastemade brand
• Liaise with Global Talent Director to determine and align Talent compensation for specific projects
• Oversee and manage all talent documentation for casting projects including appearance releases and talent agreements
Research & Development
• Provide Brand Strategy Team with talent thought starters for profile series (ex: craftspeople, chefs, woodworkers, designers, athletes, etc) and work with Creative Development Directors to ensure they fit the concept needs
• Assist with the creation and execution of show pitches and decks that require specific talent stories
• Work with assigned Creative Development Directors to ensure casting needs are met for shows in development
• Field talent pitches for show concepts and shares with Development Team for review
• Together with Global Talent Director, identify and secure long term partnerships and attachment agreements with promising new talent as identified by the Development and Programming leads
• Nurture the growth and development of our featured talent
• Act as a guardian for Talent, ensure they are well prepared for any opportunity where they represent the Tastemade brand
• In tandem with the Global Talent Director, spearhead opportunities for talent workshops, improv classes, thought leadership material and all initiatives that contribute to the creation of talent focused original content
What you'll bring:
• Impeccable taste. The talent you source is an extension and representation of our brand
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in casting
• Strong interpersonal skills. You can find a way to engage anyone with your words
• Fluent in all things social media. You can navigate Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat and beyond like the back of your hand to source amazing talent and influencers
• Ability to think on your feet and take initiative to improve or create effective processes
• You are a true self-starter and feel comfortable working autonomously
• A smile. We like those around here :)
• Superior written/verbal and analytical skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work collaboratively
• A passion for Tastemade and a positive, upbeat attitude
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and paid holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP, and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast-paced
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!