Ad Sales Intern
Part Time Paid Internship
What you'll be doing:
• Meet weekly with a cohort of students who are passionate about making waves in media
• Build meaningful relationships with the Tastemade team and beyond
• Gain experiential knowledge, practice time, and shadowing opportunities
• Present a culminating project to the Tastemade team
• Meet with the teams listed below to learn the ins and outs of the Tastemade business, and the ''lifecycle'' of our brand partnerships:
• Direct Sales: Familiarize yourself with sales strategy and the general brand pitch, client prospecting, category and competitor analysis, and RFP development (requests for proposals)
• Revenue Operations: Understand the numbers behind specific deals and overall salesforce. Learn how to price a deal, how revenue is recognized, what a budget is, and how to use Excel
• Account Management: Learn to develop creative and strategic media plans and RFP responses that meet advertiser's KPIs (key performance indicators). Learn about post-sale campaign management, creative scheduling, media trafficking, optimizations and reporting
• Brand Strategy: Learn to bring creative, innovative, and tactical program ideas to life through the writing and packaging of strong proposals; learn how to understand clients' measurable KPIs (key performance indicators) while identifying Tastemade tactics most effective for those goals
• Research: The Research Team is responsible for providing Tastemade with proprietary data, insights around our audience, content performance, and platform insights, as well as to inform the Sales teams on general trends within the media industry and across our core verticals. You will learn about how research insights inform the pre-sale and post-sale process of a campaign.
• Content Partnerships: Learn to manage the client and content process post-sale, including daily social content, in addition to long-form content for our digital streaming platforms, white label assets, events, and influencer social rallies. We'll work to balance the needs of the client with the Tastemade brand and process throughout the project cycle.
What You'll Bring:
• Passion for Tastemade and the food, home and travel categories
• A genuine interest in digital advertising and specifically, branded content
• Passion for staying on top of cultural and marketing trends
• Detail-oriented, proactive, and strong organizational skills
• Possesses both analytical and creative thinking skills
• A positive, upbeat attitude!
• This opportunity will be a paid internship at $15.00 an hour OR interns can use this opportunity for school credit through student's chosen school/university (this will be subject to your school's approval)
• This opportunity will start June 6th and end the week of August 26th.
• To participate, you must be available for 2 hours on Monday from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific, as well as a total of 8 hours between two of the following days; Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Total hours will be 10 per week.
• Students must be Junior or Senior in college
• This opportunity will be hybrid, working both virtually and at our Tastemade HQ in Santa Monica. Interns must be located in the Los Angeles area.
For any questions, comments, concerns, or trouble submitting your application; please email Destini Hall at email@example.com
We're an equal opportunity employer. We most decidedly are an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.