This was removed by the employer on 12/18/2019 8:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Accountant jobs in London-EN
Search all Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Accountant? Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
With studios in Brazil, Argentina, Japan, USA and most recently in the UK and France, we are looking to add to our global finance and accounting team with an experienced professional based in our London (Shoreditch) studio.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for food & travel and knowledge of digital media, digital platforms, and digital productions. The candidate would also have a proven track record of managing multiple priorities at once to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. A unique opportunity exists to join our UK operations at the ground floor, growing with our European operations as we execute our methodology which has created Tastemade as one of the fastest-growing digital brands of our day.
Who you are:
• Unflappable & Super Organized. You keep your cool while managing multiple priorities simultaneously and are the master of a tried-and-true system for keeping on top of your to-do list.
• Accurate & Detail Oriented. You're able to quickly spot errors and discrepancies, in the fine details and big picture.
• Dynamic. You flourish in fast paced and dynamic environments.
• Hands on. You'll get them dirty, and aren't afraid of it
• Highly adaptable. You love change, creating and refining new processes constantly innovating and re-creating the wheel
What you'll do:
• Manage the end to end AP process for production and corporate vendors completing weekly payment runs
• Manage the end to end AR and collection process
• Manage Concur expense reimbursements and corporate card reconciliation process
• Oversee cash flow requirements, prepare bank reconciliations and manage petty cash process
• Own the month end close procedure, including preparation of Balance Sheet support schedules and journal entries is a plus
• Work with local accountants for completion of accurate and timely VAT returns, tax obligations, payroll entries and accruals
• Review contractors for appropriate PAYE/ Schedule D designation
• Manage customer and project-accounting records in Netsuite for the UK
• Assist producers with tracking budgets, setting up efficient processes
• Assist with any other ad hoc analysis or reports as needed
• Assist with external financial audits
• Interface with other departments to gain an understanding of business streams and obtain necessary information
• Identify the opportunities to shape the existing accounting processes and practices
• Assist with general corporate and administrative functions for the region
What you'll bring:
• 2-5 years of Accounting experience
• BA in Accounting, Business Administration, or similar
• Experience with accounting systems (Netsuite preferred)
• Working knowledge of IFRS and commonly-used practices, and procedures within Accounting & Finance (accruals, capitalizing, amortizing, matching principle)
• Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast growth environment
• Flexibility and willingness to work closely and learn within a team environment
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent Excel and math skills including formulas, subtotals, V-lookups, etc.
• Ability to maintain highest levels of confidentiality
• A smile. We like those around here
• A passion for Tastemade and a can-do attitude
Bonus points if you have...
• Netsuite experience
• Experience working with large global advertising customers
• Experience working in a fast paced start-up environment
• Experience working with digital media, content creation companies
• Experience working with production/media industry in an accounting capacity
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers! This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.