Intern - Concessions Manager
Target Field - DNCMinneapolis, MN
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Assists in all pre/post event back of house duties. Assists in operation of assigned concessions outlets, supervises concessions associates and non-profit volunteers (if applicable), in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
• Assist in coordinating activities of concession associates on a per shift basis, including enforcing work procedures and service standards
• Observes, evaluates, and documents job performance of stand attendants, stand leaders, and assists with stand personnel performance.
• Assists in auditing pre/post event data.
• Data entry.
• Inspects all stands and portables in assigned area.
• Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately.
• Ensures all stands, portable carts and surrounding areas remain clean, sanitized, and safe
• Analyzes and resolves all problems with associates, guests, and the operation with the assistance of management.
• Investigates ''over and shorts'' with stand leaders and volunteer groups.
• Estimates, requests, and inspects supplies and inventory.
• Ensures accuracy of all deliveries
• Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures
• Performs opening and closing procedures for assigned area
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Assists concession associates in serving guests as business levels demand
• Assists management in performing inventory counts
Education & Experience:
• Hospitality or Business Management Degree Preferred
• Previous cash handling/cashier experience required.
• Previous experience with Excel or similar database management computer system required
• High school education or GED required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to GuestPath's Universal Service Standards
• Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
• Knowledgeable in operating food service equipment, basic food preparatory techniques, sanitation and safety issues.
• Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written stand reports after each event.
• Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
• Highly motivated, ability to take initiative.
• Ability to work effectively with others
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Frequent walking, throughout entire facility, for entire length of shift, 8 hours
• Constant standing, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
• Ability to perform normal lifting of stock up to 50 pounds