Intern - Research & Development
Part Time Unpaid Internship
tap. is accepting interns to join its film/media research and development team. Interns must be seeking to strengthen their knowledge and gain expertise in: access to the film industry, filmmaking, screenwriting, directing, producing, video and film production, online community management, and entertainment tech operations.
We are looking for an individual who thrives in creative thinking and is passionate about learning the 'behind-the-scenes' and the big picture of an entertainment tech platform serving the film industry, and more importantly an individual who is genuinely interested in working in the entertainment field in Film/TV. Internships are available for Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons. Interns will conduct research for the Company's internal film/tv/media default operating systems created for the film industry. Our team will train and guide the right individuals that join the internship.
Duration is 4 months: June 2022 to September/November 2022
- Assist with entertainment data research and development of upcoming internal projects
- Perform basic administrative duties and day-to-day tasks
- Assist in special in-house projects
- Minimum 15 hours/week (or must be available at least 2 full days per week to intern REMOTELY)
- Attend creative company events and gatherings in LA (per COVID guidelines, if permitted)
- Commitment to building an inclusive work environment
Background / Skills:
- Students with a class standing of sophomore or above (preferred)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's, Associate's or Graduate degree program in Accredited Institution focused on communications, film studies, Film/TV production, digital media technology, or related major is a plus
- Seeking to be a Filmmaker
- Must be able to provide documentation to confirm degree progress
- Recent graduate or about to graduate
- Must be willing to adhere to company workplace policies and protocols
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Previous entertainment internship or work experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude
- Strong interest in the entertainment industry
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently and be a multitasker
- Strong organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Creative thinker with strong development skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Solid writing, excellent verbal and communication skills
- Computer Savvy, comfortable working with MAC or PC
- Must be able to work on your own laptop
Part-Time UNPAID 4-month Internship. For experience and college credit for students.
Internship may lead to potential long-term employment at the end of the term. This position is REMOTE.
tap. is the central professional network for the global Media and Entertainment (M&E) industry and provides a robust suite of business solutions to network, connect, book, and find work, execute deals, and pay other users all in one place. Unlike other niche-specific platforms that hinder the productivity of the creative process, tap. is home to every arts discipline, easy to use, and efficient saving time and money while advancing the production of content by 120%.
tap. services every sector of the M&E industry combining the multiple segments that make up the industry vertical: Film Production, Television, Music, Publishing, Radio, Internet, Advertising and Gaming. The industry vertical is unique since these sub-verticals compete, compliment and combine to fulfill the ever-increasing demand for entertainment and information globally. tap. is the place where they can all Be Seen. Be Heard. & Be Found.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online