Senior Avid Editor
Tandem Stills + Motion, Inc.Culver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/2/2019 9:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Senior Avid Editor jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Senior Avid Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Avid Editor?
Tandem is looking for a freelance senior avid editor with a minimum of five years of professional experience in digital or broadcast formats. We are looking to hit the ground running with an editor who is adept at cutting scenes for broadcast. You must be extremely proficient on Avid. This position will be responsible for editing stand-alone, five to 10 minute short films for broadcast on a major network's streaming services. You will need to be able to work independently with a script and source materials. The position will report to the Director of Post and the film producers. You must be extremely proficient with Avid. Preference given to editors with broadcast experience versus promo pieces and trailers. Position has the potential be full time. Office based in Culver City, California and you will be required to work in-person.
SENIOR AVID EDITOR
• Digitizing and ingesting all requested media
• Outputting media for finishing department
• Searching and assembly of project footage
• Creating string outs for projects
• Maintain projects according to company workflow policies
• B Roll, Sound Bite, and Film Clip Selects
• Logging and clipping footage for
• QC each version of the cut
Skills & Experience
• Proficient in Avid Media Composer
• Proficient round-tripping with Da Vinci Resolve
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience with current camera formats and codecs preferred • Organized, must be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of Adobe Media Encoder, After Effects and Photoshop
• Previous experience with current camera formats and codecs preferred
• This position pays commensurate with experience. • Equal Opportunity Employer Four week minimum. There is a possibility of the position going longer or becoming full-time, salaried, with benefits.
Tandem Stills + Motion Inc. is a leading multimedia company that unites photography, film production, and technology with the outdoor and adventure marketplace. Tandem's production arm is committed to the highest production standards, resulting in premium documentary programming for digital, television, and theatrical formats. Our core genres are nature, conservation, science, and history. We specialize in expedition documentary productions that require state-of-the-art filmmaking and technology in some of the world's most remote and wild places.
Our leading-edge technology includes a 40-core, liquid-cooled workstation capable of handling a 8K workflow, including editing, compositing, 3D motion graphics, and fluid dynamic simulations, all rendered to ensure the utmost visually stunning studio quality.