Trackman Stringer / Operator
Tampa Bay RaysVarious, US
Full Time Job
The Tampa Bay Rays are seeking highly motivated and detail-oriented candidates for our TrackMan Stringers/Operators at our affiliates as well as potentially for the Major League Club for the 2021 season. These individuals will be responsible for running the TrackMan system for Rays' affiliate home games. The number of games each stringer works varies by week based on availability and the season schedule. The duties require that this role arrive one half-hour before first pitch and continue to the final out. Stringer(s) will start as soon as possible coinciding with the affiliate season.
Locations: St. Petersburg, FL /Durham, NC / Montgomery, AL / Bowling Green, KY / Charleston, SC
• Responsible for setting up rosters and tagging information in TrackMan.
• Log information for the entire game – monitoring the system and making any changes throughout the game (i.e. roster changes, defensive substitutions, etc.).
• Assist in troubleshooting system issues with Trackman, fixing any errors, and uploading the game to the TrackMan site.
• Communicate with Front Office on items related to TrackMan administration.
• Other reasonable and related duties may be assigned.
• Candidate must be motivated, well organized, and detail oriented.
• A firm understanding of baseball is required.
• Candidate must be able to make games in affiliate city fairly regularly and able to work weeknights and weekends associated with home games.
• Previous experience using TrackMan software is preferred but not required.
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health and safety of our communities - including our teams and of those considering a career with the Tampa Bay Rays - is our highest priority. We have implemented workplace procedures in accordance with all applicable CDC guidelines in order to promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with respect to our interviewing process.