Street Team Member
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
Full Time Job
The Tampa Bay Rays and Tampa Bay Rowdies are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the Rays/Rowdies Street Team. The Street Team is responsible for enhancing outside event experiences in the Greater Tampa Bay Area, while also executing promotions, giveaways and interacting with fans. Members of the Street Team must be fun, energetic, enthusiastic and committed to promoting the Rays/Rowdies brand.
• Interact with fans at off-site events in an effort to promote the Rays/Rowdies brand.
• Promote the Tampa Bay Rays & Tampa Bay Rowdies with a positive and energetic attitude at events and games.
• Set up, tear down and assist with operation of interactive events (inflatable games, sound system, pop up tents).
• Act as mascot handler during Rays/Rowdies home games/matches. This includes – but is not limited to – taking photos for fans, assisting with mascot timeline and upholding mascot safety.
• Raise brand awareness at grassroots events and serve as a knowledgeable source on community initiatives and current promotions.
• Represent the Tampa Bay Rays/Rowdies and its respective partners/sponsors with enthusiasm, pride, passion and professionalism.
• Operate Street Team vehicles for transportation to and from event.
• Maintain Street Team vehicles in proper condition and organize all event equipment.
• Execute other duties as assigned by the Tampa Bay Rays & Tampa Bay Rowdies.
• Staff should be available to work nights, weekends, and potentially holidays.
• Must reside in the Greater Tampa Bay Area.
• Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to stand for an extended period of time
• Must be reliable, punctual, courteous and have good listening and multi-tasking skills.
• Staff must be 18 years old or older.
• Must work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to provide reliable transportation to and from events.
• Possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
• Prior promotional, event operations and marketing experience is preferred.
• Prior experience playing or working in sports preferred.
• Prior experience working with children is preferred.
• Working knowledge of the game of baseball and/or soccer is preferred.
• Able to work in inclement weather.
• Must be available to stand for a minimum of 3-4 hours at a time.