Intern - Ticket Services & Technology
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
This was removed by the employer on 6/17/2021 4:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Ticket Services & Technology jobs in St Petersburg-FL
Search all Intern - Ticket Services & Technology postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Ticket Services & Technology?
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Tampa Bay Rays are looking for a positive, detail-oriented and committed individual to participate in an internship during the 2021 baseball season. The Ticket Service and Technology intern will assist in providing an outstanding experience for all Rays Fans.
include, but are not limited to:
• Provide customer service support for all fans in various capacities including in-person during home games, over the phone, and email correspondence.
• Aid with new buyer account creation and management for all products utilizing ticket technology
• Track any changes to the MLB Ballpark app and provide updated messaging to fans through website, emails, and how-to guides
• Communicate with third-party partners regarding loyalty programs, concessions and ticket technology
• Maintain and track inventory of rewards items for loyalty program on a weekly basis
• Assist in loading and fulfillment of Rays Gift Cards
• Aid in assisting team leads with testing of concessions payment/discount technology
• Provide feedback and suggestions for innovative strategies to increase engagement with loyalty programs
• Track communication and feedback from all fans during games regarding loyalty program and ticket technology issues
• Assist in recruitment, training and supervision of Ticket Services game day staff – also known as the Tech Team
• Game day responsibilities include: assist Box Office staff & Ticket Services staff with answering fan questions regarding ticket technology related issues, monitor flow of ticket scanning at the gates, troubleshoot hardware issues at gates for turnstiles and hand scanners, support concessions/merchandise staff with any discount/mobile payment errors, as well as stock and manage inventory of Rays Rewards items in the Redemption Center daily.
• Assist in general office responsibilities such as phone coverage during office hours to support the Ticket Sales & Service staff
• Bachelor's degree in sports management, business, communications, marketing, public relations or related field
• Customer service experience preferred
• Ability to develop effective and collaborative working relationships
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (via phone, email, letters, etc.)
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, with strong attention to detail
• Must be able to work all home games, including nights, weekends and holidays
All candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Qualified candidates must be available for the entire duration of the internship (June-October)
• All candidates must have local housing or plan to relocate prior to the internship
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health and safety of our communities - including our teams and of those considering a career with the Tampa Bay Rays - is our highest priority. We have implemented workplace procedures in accordance with all applicable CDC guidelines in order to promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with respect to our interviewing process.
Offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check.