Intern - Social Media
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
This was removed by the employer on 12/30/2023 3:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Social Media jobs in St Petersburg-FL
Search all Intern - Social Media postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern, Social Media (Spanish)
The Tampa Bay Rays are seeking a hard-working and team-oriented individual to help support the organization in a wide variety of tasks specific to the Spanish-language (@RaysBeisbol) social media accounts. This is a unique opportunity to help grow our presence in the Spanish market and shape the brand identity of these crucial channels. There is quite a bit of growth opportunity for the right candidate.
• Help maintain the Spanish-language social media calendar, coordinating with internal departments to ensure all organizational goals and programs are executed and delivered with properly translated messaging.
• Execute game coverage across Rays Spanish-language accounts (Facebook, Instagram and X).
• Monitor social media posts/comments/replies, etc. on a regular basis to understand consumer feedback, complaints and issues. Coordinate closely with other departments as needed to address and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner.
• Use analytics provided by Looker, Crowdtangle, Sprinklr, MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) and social media platforms to determine areas of improvement. Prepare status reports for internal use on a regular basis, including recaps of certain promotions/campaigns.
• Help identify relevant Spanish-speaking influencers to partner with.
• Help research opportunities for Corporate Partnerships to align campaigns with Spanish-language channels.
• Collaborate with the Bay Republic e-Commerce Manager to promote relevant retail offerings to our Spanish-language audience.
• Regularly review and monitor Spanish-language trade publications, websites, social media sites and mobile apps to stay up on current trends and best practices.
• Serve as a resource for marketing, communications and creative departments (emails/newsletters, landing pages, press releases, organizational statements, closed captioning, graphics, etc.).
• Assist with Spanish-language media relations needs (on and off-site).
• Share expertise to help elevate social media activity surrounding Rays Radio Spanish broadcasts and connected personalities.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
• Currently enrolled in the final semester or a recent graduate in Marketing or Communications.
• Fluent in Spanish (preferably Caribbean/Latin American dialects).
• A working knowledge of baseball, including rules, scoring and lingo.
• A talent for copywriting in Spanish with attention to proper grammar, and the ability to adapt seamlessly to the established voice of the club.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and various social networking sites including Facebook, Instagram, X, TikTok, etc.
• Some knowledge of Adobe products like Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere Pro are not required but certainly a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.