Intern - Social Media
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Tampa Bay Rays are seeking a hard-working and team-oriented intern to join the Social Media team. This individual will support the team in a wide variety of tasks that make an impact on @RaysBaseball.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Help maintain social media editorial calendar, coordinating with internal departments to ensure all social media organizational goals and programs are executed and delivered with proper messaging.
• Monitor social media posts/comments/replies, etc. on a regular basis to understand consumer feedback, complaints and issues, coordinating closely with other departments as needed to address and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner.
• Keep pulse on fan base, assist in responding to fan questions and comments and engaging with fans via social media platforms. Help to update content on social media sites consistently to ensure the most up-to-date messaging and the highest engagement rates.
• Use analytics provided by Looker, Crowdtangle, MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) and social media platforms to determine areas for improvement and to monitor the effectiveness of various campaigns. Prepare social media status reports for internal use on a regular basis, including recaps of each promotion/campaign.
• Help to identify social media influencers to network with within the Rays market and sports and entertainment worlds.
• Regularly review and monitor trade publications, websites, mobile sites, social media sites and mobile apps to stay up on current industry trends and learn best practices.
• Proactively research and evaluate opportunities via social media for additional exposure and create a presentation outlining new & existing opportunities for corporate partnership campaigns.
• Perform administrative tasks for the department including but not limited to: contest prize fulfillment, data entry, filing, returning phone calls, and tracking and monitoring social prize inventory and supplies/equipment.
• Game day responsibilities for this position are limited, but on occasion may be requested; these responsibilities would entail execution of marketing initiatives and events, social media responsibilities and other special projects as assigned.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
• Currently enrolled in the final semester or a recent graduate in Marketing or Communications degree.
• Baseball Knowledge- Must have a strong working knowledge of the game of baseball, including rules, scoring and lingo.
• Copywriting- Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into strong marketing documents; Uses feedback to modify copy; Applies proper grammar; Demonstrates attention to detail; Adapts to established social media ''Voice'' of the Club.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft office software, Edge, various social networking sites and applications including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
The following are brief internship guidelines:
• Candidates must be available for the entire duration of the internship (March – November).
• The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
• Must be available for normal office hours (8:30 am – 5:30 pm), and game days and events as assigned
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.