Intern - Public Affairs
Tampa Bay RaysSt. Petersburg, FL
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2021 3:28:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Public Affairs jobs in St. Petersburg-FL
Search all Intern - Public Affairs postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
*Internship (Public Affairs)
The Tampa Bay Rays Public Affairs team is an arm of the Strategy and Development department, managing non-baseball corporate communication, government and media relations, and social responsibility as they relate to strategic planning and the development of new business opportunities for the Rays organization. The department seeks full-time interns for the 2019 season to support these activities in a wide-ranging role.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist planning and execution of media events and announcements
• Various research and reports, including use of Critical Mention software, fan surveys, focus groups and industry best practices.
• Manage the Public Affairs email account, responding to queries quickly, accurately and professionally.
• Maintain database of civic, government, media, business and community contacts, including regular updating of titles, offices and contact information.
• Manage event invitations to contacts: to include spreadsheet management, development of invitation graphics, communication of event logistics and delivery of tickets and parking passes to guests.
• Assist with digital media strategy and content ideation for auxiliary social media accounts.
• Assist with ideation, development and implementation of activities and celebrations on special event dates, such as Jackie Robinson Day, Pride Night and Roberto Clemente Day.
• Write draft copy for various communications projects, including marketing and in-ballpark messaging.
• Assist with planning and coordination of event sponsorship assets with community and business partners.
• Maintain inventory of gift and premium items; fielding and fulfilling requests for these items.
• Assist with implementation and ongoing evaluation of ballpark programs including food and beverage programs for the 2019 season.
• Assist with coordination of game-day activities and other special events as needed (i.e. Fan Fest, other community events).
• Collaborate with various departments on projects, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• 4-year degree or pursuit toward degree
• Excellent communication and writing skills, including a mastery of grammar
• Strong work ethic and a dedication to accuracy
• Ability to identify challenges and take initiative to overcome them
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Relevant experience in the sports industry or related fields is preferred
• Must be able to work home games and other events as assigned on a limited basis, potentially including weekends and holidays
Please note the following:
• There are two possible durations for this internship, to be selected based on candidate's availability and Club's needs:
o January 7, 2019 through October 4, 2019
o February 4, 2019 through October 25, 2019
• Intern must be available for normal office hours, as well as game days and events as assigned.
• Intern will be paid hourly and scheduled to work 40 hours per week.
All offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check.