Intern - Public Affairs & Corporate Communications
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
This was removed by the employer on 12/20/2021 9:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Public Affairs & Corporate Communications jobs in St Petersburg-FL
Search all Intern - Public Affairs & Corporate Communications postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Tampa Bay Rays Public Affairs & Corporate Communications team manages corporate communication, social responsibility and government & media relations as they relate to strategic planning and the development of business and community engagement opportunities for the Rays organization. The department seeks full-time interns for the 2022 season to support these activities in a wide-ranging role.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist planning and execution of media events, alerts and announcements
• Various research, reports and presentations, including use of media monitoring software, fan surveys, focus groups and industry best practices
• Monitor department email accounts, responding to queries quickly, accurately and professionally
• Maintain database of civic, government, media, business and community contacts, including regular updating of titles, offices and contact information
• Manage event invitations to include: contact list management, development of invitation graphics, communication of event logistics and delivery of tickets and parking passes to guests
• Assist with ideation, development and implementation of activities and celebrations on special event dates, such as Jackie Robinson Day, Pride Night and Roberto Clemente Day
• Write draft copy for various communications projects, including press releases, social media & marketing and in-ballpark messaging
• Assist with planning and coordination of event sponsorship assets with community and business partners
• Maintain inventory of gift and premium items; field, fulfill requests and potentially deliver these items
• Assist with implementation and ongoing evaluation of MLB Ballpark app programs including mobile tickets, mobile concessions ordering and in-app payments for the 2022 season
• Assist with coordination of game-day activities and other special events as needed (i.e. Fan Fest, Rowdies games and events, outside community events)
• Collaborate with various departments on projects, as needed
• 4-year degree or pursuit toward degree
• Excellent communication and writing skills, including a mastery of grammar
• Strong work ethic and a dedication to accuracy
• Ability to identify challenges and take initiative to overcome them
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Relevant experience favored
The following are brief internship guidelines:
• Candidates must be available for the entire duration of the internship (February – October).
• Must be available for normal office hours (8:30 am – 5:30 pm), and game days and events as assigned
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.