Intern - Minor League Affiliate
Tampa Bay RaysRemote, US
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Minor League Affiliate Intern
Title: Minor League Affiliate Intern
Department: Baseball Performance Science
Reports To: Minor League Video Coordinator
Description: The Tampa Bay Rays have begun our search for members of our next Affiliate Intern class. This position will coordinate the day-to-day video operations/various player development processes at an individual Rays affiliate. Our Minor League Affiliate Intern can also expect opportunities to gain insight into various aspects of baseball operations including but not limited to advance scouting, sport science, pro scouting, amateur scouting, data analysis, and player development.
• Coordinate the day-to-day video operation for the assigned affiliate
• Film each game from multiple camera angles, as well as field any staff requests pre, during, and post-game
• Edit and upload each game to the Rays video database
• Collaborate with the affiliate coaching staff, coordinators, and front office with the implementation and execution of various strategies and initiatives
• Assist in the implementation and data collection of Sport Science initiatives
• Assist with the preparation of advance scouting material at specific affiliates
• Help administer other baseball operations programs and ad hoc projects as assigned by the player development, scouting, and front office staff
• Perform on-site technical maintenance
• Operate necessary technical equipment during games as needed
• Assist with player transportation and logistics
• Plus communication skills and work ethic
• Demonstrated agility and resourcefulness
• Command of Microsoft Office suite programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Ability to relocate for the duration of the minor league season
• Willingness to non-traditional hours in line with the baseball schedule including nights, and weekends
• Spanish-speaking is advantageous, but not required
• SQL knowledge is useful, but not required
Location: Six interns will be placed in one of the following locations: Port Charlotte, FL (2), Charleston, SC (1), Bowling Green, KY (1), Montgomery, AL (1), or Durham, NC (1).
All offers are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.