Intern - Minor League Affiliate
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
This was removed by the employer on 12/24/2020 1:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Minor League Affiliate jobs in St Petersburg-FL
Search all Intern - Minor League Affiliate postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Minor League Affiliate? The Rays are building off an exciting 2020 season. As we look forward to 2021 and all that it has to offer, we have begun our search for members of our next intern class. This position will coordinate the day-to-day video operation/various player development processes at an individual Rays affiliate. Our Minor League Affiliate Intern can also expect opportunities to gain insight to various aspects of baseball operations including but not limited to advance scouting, sports science, pro scouting, amateur scouting, data analysis, and player development.
These internship is conditional upon a Minor League Baseball season. We are very optimistic that some form of a season will happen and look forward to providing an educational experience. We ask for patience and flexibility with certain timelines and information as we work with MLB to put the best plan together possible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the day-to-day video operation for the assigned affiliate
• Film each game from multiple camera angles, as well as field any staff requests pre, during, and post-game
• Edit and upload each game to the Rays video database
• Collaborate with affiliate coaching staff, coordinators, and front office with implementation and execution of various strategies and initiatives
• Assist in the implementation and data collection of Sports Science initiatives
• Assist with the preparation of advance scouting material at specific affiliates
• Help administer other baseball operations programs and ad hoc projects as assigned by the player development, scouting, and front office staff
• Perform on-site technical maintenance
• Operate necessary technical equipment during games as needed
• Assist with player transportation and logistics
• Great communication skills and work ethic
• Demonstrated ability to be resourceful
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• A passion for and interest in baseball operations
• SQL a plus, but not required
• Spanish speaking plus, but not required
• Ability to relocate for the duration of the minor league season
• Willingness to work long hours, nights, and weekends. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.